22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they make intercoolers for us???

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
evMX6 said:
do they make intercoolers for us???
An intercooler won't do anything but act as a restriction in the intake tract of a car that doesn't have a turbo or supercharger.

They are used to cool the charge as it exits the compressor (compressing air in a turbo makes it very hot and hot air is bad in terms of O2 density and detonation etc) in these apps and have no function in normally aspirated cars.

If you've got a turbo/super on your LS, I've heard that Spearco makes a good FMIC that'll fit, though the name/partnumber escapes me at the moment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
He could have a 1st gen turbo MX-6. I dont' know about any upgrades for them but you could probably plumb a custom system.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nope, I thought to check his profile and it says 93 MX-6 V6 LS.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
bigjeff said:
Nope, I thought to check his profile and it says 93 MX-6 V6 LS.
Yep. I checked the profile too. That's why I referred specifically to it: "If you've got a turbo/super on your LS..."

·
Registered
131 Posts
intercoolers?

I want to know about the first gen, if there is an intercooler upgrade. I have one i got for dirt cheep and it is every bit as fast as my slightly modified mx6 ls. I have looked and looked for an intercooler and downpipe upgrades and came up with nothing

·
Registered
449 Posts
HKS makes performance intercooler plumbing. According to HKS, the 1st gen intercooler is very good. I think you can find it at http://www.standres.com

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are there other intercoolers off other cars that can be moded to fit the first gen's? Such any other stock intercooler that is bigger than ours.

·
Registered
449 Posts
why would you? the 1st gen intercooler is already pretty large and efficient. You'd get more benefit from the HKS intercooler pipeing (it's larger diameter).

Another option that you can look into is water-injection. Which injects a very small amount of water vapor into the air stream, thus cooling it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you think our intercooler is somehow inadequate, look at a first gen DSM(Eclipse, Laser, Talon) intercooler....it's tiny and it's mounted in what looks like a hole for a foglamp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts