Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
But...but... its Saskatchewan...

I can stay here in NB after graduation and get $20000 of my tuition back (would be more if they didn't have the cap, it says 50% or $20k). Makes it cheaper for me as there's less relocation costs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey where in NB are you? I'm in Fredericton finishing up my last year at STU.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
But...but... its Saskatchewan...
Saskatchewan is my home province and also my favorite province... too bad I havn't finished college yet or i'd be on that! lol I eventually want to go back there or alberta to live. hopefully

·
Registered
730 Posts
All I know of Saskatchewan is reports from people that have driven through and also a friend that went to Saskatoon for the Canada Games... he said it was very very boring there. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
only for people who dont live there or dont know how to entertain themselves lol. Alot of people drive through with the mindset that there will be nothing interesting, however there is a good reason for the saying on the license plates which is "land of the living skies"

some of the best sunsets i've ever seen in my life, the stars are incredible and the storms are often so crazy and outrageous looking you can't help but stare at them because you can see them from miles and miles away... also 110km/h speed limits unlike ontario's stupid 80km/h limits lol meh thats not a big deal anyways but also some of the BEST 4-wheeling and snowmobiling i've ever experienced was in saskatchewan!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
"We don't have a professional hockey team, but you could probably argue that Toronto doesn't either."

oooooooooooohhh snaaaaap!! LOOOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, it's essentially a $20,000 bonus on top of whatevery salary you lockdown...but a commitment of AT LEAST seven years??? There's too many uncertainties in that long of a time period...such as what if the next politician in office decides to overturn this, or the one after that? Then what?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I've heard that these signing bonus have been happening for a while. Lots of jobs out in that area but no one wants to relocate there. I'll see what happens. Who knows... I might move out there if I can find a high enough paying job.

This is the first time i've heard of a 7 year commitment though. Usually it is like $10K bonus for 2-3 years.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Having been born where I was I don't think I could live in a place that's so flat and far removed from water... One of the things that drove me nuts in Alberta was being unable to go to the ocean... :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts