Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I saw what I'm pretty sure is an MX-6 LE while having my a smoke break today at work. He stopped for a red light so I walked over and discreetly had a look. It was red, with a black leather interior. Everything, including the steering wheel was black. It also had a leather shift boot. The rims were mazda rims, but different than anything I've seen on the 1stgen. They were more similar to the 2ndgen rims but definitely not 2ndgens. They appeared to be 15"'s too.

I also saw a 626 LX today with a set of Mazda rims I'm not familiar with. These appeared to be 2 piece cross-laced rims reminiscent of older BBS style wheels common on european cars like BMW's. They had a mazda center cap though. Wierd. I wonder if these were dealer accessories.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I want an LE. And somewhere I saw apic of an LE, and I remember it having different rims on it. Does anyone know for sure if the LE was a leather equipped LX or GT? I have heard both.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT was an LX only. Which is silly. The GT should have had that option too. I imagine that if mazda gave the mx-6 GT just a few more luxury touches like leather, etc.. There would've been less people buying BMW 325i's. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well thats pretty damn gay. Screw it then. I will get a GT, car jack someone in an LE (apologize to them at the same time, telling them how very much I wish I didn't have to do it, since they ARE an MX-6 owner) and move all the extar stuff to the GT and call it a day. What idiot decided to make a Limited Edition MX-6, but to use the LX to do it. I mean even as an LX owner, thats just stupid. Ok I'm done.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The MX6 LE and pics of the LE that I have, all have the same rims as the LX. It also had LE where our GT stickers are. The car that you looked at, did it have dark tint? I have NEVER seen an LE yet with black interior, nor can you get leather replacement parts in black. All come in DARK grey. I have pics of the wheel up, and will have pics of the shift knob up shortly. I have also found some junkyards with LE seats, but I will keep those close till I decide to try for them or not. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I seen one for sale on autotrader a while back it said mx-6 LE Turbo with leather. I also seen it in a paper for sale, by time i called the number had be disconnected...must have moved..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Manifest said:
The MX6 LE and pics of the LE that I have, all have the same rims as the LX.
I wanna say that picture I saw was the one picture in that MX-6 Buyers guide on the Yahoo! board. That guide seems to be gone now though.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, those are the rims. I think they're 15"'s, at least that's what it looked like. Really nice looking IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts