Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the threads on using a MX-3 V6 flywheel on a MX-6 LS. It sounds like a great alternative for the 2nd gens instead of the unortho racings ones.

So, I thought are there any car that has a lighter flywheel that'll fit on our 2.2L? Does anyone know? How about a 323/Protege or 2.0L 626 flywheel? Miata?

I know the 2.0L 626's flywheel will work but is it any lighter?

I would love to have a unortho racing one, but i think $500+ is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
$500 is really rediculous. The 2.0's flywheel "might" work on the nonturbo, but I doubt it will work on the turbo, since the clutch size is a bit different on the turbo model. You can always have a machine shop lighten and balance your stock flywheel. Dont know how much they can take off though.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
what about...

the flywheel from the 2.0 626 turbo engine? Maybe that's an option. Those cars are pretty rare though...so they might be hard to find.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there was a 2.0L turbo so that may work with a 2.2L turbo. I dunno if it is worth it though. I'll just keep it in mind.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe antiSUV and i posted at the same time:cool:

BTW, i'm pretty sure the flywheel will work because the crank is the same as the 2.2L except the stroke (engine block is same except shorter as well), is shorter.
Well, at least it should bolt on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts