Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...in the spring I'm getting my car painted a dark blue. As you may know my car was originally gold with tan interior. What do you thnk I should do about the interior colors? Like what peices should I paint what color. I'm not too great with color design, so maybe some of you who have already done such things would be able to help me out.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Well, you can check out my interior. It seems like our colors are going to be really similar so feel free to check out my stuff. I'm re-doing mine this summer in fiberglass anyway, so you can "borrow" as much of my design as you want!
Crooks

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My color will probably be darker than yours, but I just hate having the tan interior. It will be pretty darn complicated to do a color change inside. I like the blue/black idea but it would take tons of work. Painting the trim and dash isn't that bad, but we are taking having to re-do the ceiling, floor, and seats in the color too....plus the seat belts themself. Does anyone have any ideas of color changes but still keep the tan carpet, seats, and ceiling?

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
It was already mentioned, but redoing all the interior another color will take a lot of work/money. I don't think tan would look that bad with a dark blue. It may seem a bit strange at first, but one of those things that grow on you.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The only expensive thing on my interior was my seats. I did all the other work myself and it turned out pretty good, IMO. But I just think that if you do some stuff in black/blue and leave the stock seats, carpet, and headliner, it will look pretty half-assed. Look at my back seats for example. They're tan and surrounded by blue and white. It doesn't look terrible, but they look really out of place and stuff, just how stock seats would in a colorful interior. Just my .02.
Crooks

·
Registered
127 Posts
i had the tan interior and re-did everything black with metalic flake blue still need to add some clear coats and do some touch ups but i get hella compliments and do to the lack of money i still have tan seats but i'm hopeing to get racing seats soon enough..... if you really wanna do something though fiberglass is the way to go i'm startin to learn how to do that so i'll prolly redo alot of it soon enough

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Blue goes with Tan, but there arent many other colors you could add to the mix... Stay away from Black, Silver, White, Yellow if you are planning on a Dark Blue and Tan scheme. IMO a darker Red might go pretty well w/ a Dark Blue & Tan combo, or maybe a Dark Green, but shades are gonna make all the difference... Make sure you plan it out well before you do it, and try to match the colors under a good light source so there are no surprises.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
mines red with tan interior...in sig

It looks good, but i dont know, Id go with a darker blue like your car, that would be pretty cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts