Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what do you do when you have an LX with blue interior and a cracked dash pad but a DX with gray interior and a perfect dash? Mix and match!

Blue panel with gray center section...

Gray panel with blue center section (this is what I'm doing the whole interior in)

Now, the rear panels were easy peasy. The door panel was not so much. Not only did I have to cut the hole for the pistol-grip handle with window controls, but a hole needed to be cut for the courtesy light and associated bracketry. I severely massacred this operation to the point that I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy two GT door panels from the wrecker and put the blue sections on them.

Oh yeah, kitty likes the MX-6. :)

Rear panel installed in car...

All this so the gray dash will match! I plan on replacing the carpet with the gray one as well as the sill plates and kick panels. I haven't decided yet whether I should keep the center console blue or put in a gray one? I'd have to get the actual console part from the GT as the DX doesn't have the little box.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Looks great, I like the grey/blue combo!

Teh kitteh iz in ur base killin ur doodz :E

·
Registered
449 Posts
pm sent with a question

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PM answered! :tup:

The funny thing is, this is the only car she does that to. Whenever its in the garage, and a door is open, she jumps in. Purring like mad the whole time, too!

Whenever I have a day to set aside (possibly this coming Sunday) I'm going to swap out the dash. Although I need to figure out a system for disconnecting the HVAC controls so I'll remember where everything goes! When I yanked the dash out of my DX I didn't care so much...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts