Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well Im new here and dont even own a MX-6 I own a Dodge Avenger on air cylinders. My cousin is coming home from college this weekend and has a teal MX-6 and wants me to paint her interior....is there a write up anywere on how to take everything out it would help me get it done alot quicker but I know I can't get it all done this weekend. Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
All you need is a flathead screwdriver, a phillips screwdriver, a socket set, and LOTS of patience. After you take off the actual plastic dash center console, you can see where everything attatches. The door panel just gets unscrewed and pops off, but BE CAREFUL. Those clips are VERY fragile. The back just unbolts and comes out after you lay down the back seat. Just be cery careful and take your time. PM me if you need paint directions. Look at my sig and my pictures if you want to see the finished product.
P.S. you can't take out the actual leather dash without removing both airbags and that's a pain in the booty. So just do a real good masking job and you should be ok.
Crooks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesnt sound much harder then mine but all I did was unhooked the battery for a couple hrs then there were 4 bolts on each of the air bags and they were out. But of course if never looked real hard at her interior guess I'll find out. Thanks for the help your car looks tight.

·
Registered
242 Posts
to disable airbags just diconnect the negitive battery terminal for a minimum of 5 min before disconnecting the airbag plugs and youll be set hope that helps

Jimmy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts