Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 MX-6 GT that I love. It runs great and rarely gives me any trouble but I'm now having a really strange problem.

My Interior Lights wont shut off. I can shut off my Dome Light Manually but the door lights won't shut off. Also the Door Ajar light on the Dash doesn't come on anymore. The sensors on the Doors appear to be okay. I think the problem is with the Lights timing Module but I have no clue where it is even located.

Anyone have any ideas

Dan

·
Registered
666 Posts
The control box for the lights is located behind the dash above the fuse box. It's a whitish plastic box and it pulls out pretty easily. You can get another from a probe or mx6 in a junkyard. I got one for $10.
I've never seen quite that problem though, it's always the lights WON'T come on when the doors are opened, so I don't know if that will fix it or not.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I'll bet you the contol box (Mazda calls it the "CPU") that TexasMx6GT is talking about is fried. I've had this happen to me. This can happen if you accidentally short one of it's outputs to ground during a stereo install, etc. In this case, the light's won't turn off becase the transistor drivers in the CPU are shorted out. As Texas suggests, junkyard is the best bet for one of these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts