1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys.. Another member forwarded me this link

http://alkaplus.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cfm?action=detail&ProductID=208

Its a full interior trim kit for $125

Well a new interior is due for Heather's former blue car.. so I just wanted to know what everybody would suggest.

here are the different samples.

http://alkaplus.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cfm?action=finish

I'm personally caught between that "light burlwood" and "marble" if not the real carbon fibre itself.
what does everybody think?:shrug:

hope these links help.. :)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
they look cheap, they just stick onto the dash like great big stickers, and look fake as hell man. In my humble opinion, i say leave the pieces off, a stock black/gray interior looks better than those things stuck all over, just my .02

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
its for cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah way to much for stickers have one of the members on here make some real ones for ya. Here's the steps for the ones he posted so yeah definently stickers

Step 1.
Clean the surface inside your car with the alcohol pads provided. The surface must be dry and free of any grease, oil or contaminants for proper adhesiveness. DO NOT APPLY ALCOHOL TO THE SURFACE OF THE PIECES - IT WILL DESTROY THE GLOSSY FINISH.
Step 2.
Carefully apply the adhesive promoter applicator, provided with your kit, only to corners of the dash where you will install parts that have to curve. Let it dry.
Step 3.
Carefully lift small part of the red plastic backing and turn it to the side. Now you have a 'tail' to pull on. Line up the piece and touch the surface with the sticky part of the piece. Slowly spread the area of contact while accurately peel off the red plastic 'tail' to remove the rest of the backing
Step 4.
Apply thumb or finger pressure to entire piece while gently warming the piece with the hair dryer or heat gun up to the body temperature. DO NOT OVERHEAT. Clean the pieces with the Windex after installation completed for better glossy look.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Graham, please don't. as posted above, they look very fake and give an overall feel of cheapness to the interior in person.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okie dokie.. so where can I get some good ones? does Zijester still make the full interior in CF?

there is another company.. www.fibercation.com that does colors too.. like blue CF.. which is pretty cool.. but its expensive.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
the fact of the matter is you get what you pay for, if you always look for the cheapest partgs you will get low quality, blue carbon fiber(real) would look sick, not the stickers, but an actual dash wrapped in blue CF talk to the X he does ddashes not sure if zijester ever got one to work, i know he was having problems with peeling for awhile.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well.. I emailed "fibercation.com" for all of us... this was the price list I was given:

$95 pillars overlaid
$150 molded oem pillars
$230 molded pillar pods
$55 gas lid
$95 door sills
$200 mirrors
$80 Steering column pieces upper and lower

MX6
$65 Mx6 molded radiator cover
$75 glovebox
$125 upper dash bezel
$75 lower dash bezel
$55 fuse box
$35 pwr steering bracket cover

$30 inside mirror triangles
$75 each door panel insert

All prices are qouted for regular 2X2 twill black carbon fiber, let us know if you need a diferent weave or color. colored cf is 30% more in price.

At this time due to the present situation and the market shortages, we cannot gaurantee these prices.

thanks shane
Fibercation.com

Shane's (from Fibercation) email is [email protected]

These were some of the colors available.

I think that blue would a be a good choice... The whole interior in blue would be really cool.. so I think I'll go that route.

http://www.fibercation.com/color.html

just check that out..

best wishes to everybody.. please post pics and updates if you order anything from here...

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Those seem like some pretty high prices until you get to the MX6 part. Then the prices seem VERY VERY reasonable.

I cant beleive they doing the whole dash bezel for 200

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i hope you are buying the dash in blue CF Graham, and i hope even more you plan on posting pics, if this looks good, consider my order placed!

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Yeah it is cheap isn't it Stealth! I'll be getting the blue CF then.. that'll be pretty slick looking.. with that Silver CF accents every here and there.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
in case you guys were wondering, fibercation is "the x"'s company. he's a member on this board.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thanks guys, We have blue instock

not trying to sell but the colors will cure alittle darker than raw fabric shows. like the blue there will be navy

I kept the prices the same for mx6's because this is where im from :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
sure could

ps...check out the Fs section, selling a few probe shells and ZE with mods

·
Registered
359 Posts
Gotta watch out with that link at the top, apparently they make it for the "4 Door" model of hte mx6...

supprised no one pointed that out :zzz:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts