Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal. I've been having problems starting the car for a while. I've isolated it to the coil. Sometimes the coil just doesn't fire. I'm gonna replace it. But, some of the other things I've tried have caused other problems. I tried replacing plugs and rotor, I had a new cap, just no rotor. Well, now, I'm getting an intermittent miss under acceleration. It only started after I replaced the plugs and rotor. It's getting worse and worse, and I really don't wanna have to take it to the dealer and pay wads of cash to get it diagnosed.
Any ideas?

G

·
When changing out the spark plugs, check the interval of the spark plug, it's that small gap in the plug and usually the interval is written on the hood or the owners manual. It could also be something separate, like the fuel injection system. I once had a peice of my air filter fall off and crimp one of the sensors causing it to idle rich. If it's not the spark plugs I'd take it to a place like Precision Auto Tune. They're not as expensive as the dealer and more reliable than some generic mechanic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts