Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any advice on fitting one of these (or getting someone else to do it)? I really miss having a release like I had in my old car. I beleive the J-specs had one (?) so if I got hold of the parts would they be easy to fit?
The other option would be to buy an alarm with a boot release but i'm a little bit unemployed at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
errr.. not too difficult as far as I can see.

I have purchased on for mine, but haven't got round to fitting it yet. It was about £15 from ebay

Attach a wire to the locking mechanism attached to a motor... wired to a button on the dash, 12v? supply.

Press button, powers motor, opens latch.

hey presto!!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Mattsonthebeach posted a link to some info (i'd asked about this as I have the kit and never fitted it)

I never found a way of getting a live that would only be live 'after' you've blipped the alarm.. I don't want a button that will just open the boot!!!!!

I'll get it done..

some time!

:)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hot Cheese said:
Hmmm, the one I had in my 323F was just a lever to pull, no leccy involved.
yea, i had that in my rover.. never liked the idea of it.. as once someone was in, they could just pop the boot..

:(

for the 6 you need a 'trunk release kit' from ebay.. which is a solenoid, button etc.. you need a relay too...

i'll sort my when the weather is better.. can't be standing in the rain trying to do this!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pretty sure some if not all of the Probes had an internal boot release, one I saw in a scrappy had one - petrol cap release lever was smaller, boot release fitted around that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Slough6 said:
Pretty sure some if not all of the Probes had an internal boot release, one I saw in a scrappy had one - petrol cap release lever was smaller, boot release fitted around that sort of thing.
Yup.. thats the same as the j-spec 6.
For some reason Mazda thought us e-spec owners didn't need to open the boot from inside the car.

Then again... I suppose you need to be outside the car to close it again... so it aint that much of a problem :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
yeah i got the boot release from the inside! with the new lifters the boot opens up really nice:) love it:)
wanna get a solenoid and hook it up with my alarm!!

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
what the hell are you all talkin about?? :confused:
Next to your right leg is a lever on the floor, when you lift it, the boot pops open. its in front of the petrol cap open lever.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
here it is... even if i'm completley off track, appreciate the photoshop work!

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
hmm.... WTF!?!
i have an e-spec, and that lever looks stock. :(
why did mazda make so many versions???

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Most differences are minor... but saying that.. are usually transferable.. like the J-spec mirrors, and other nice bits..

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts