Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to do a engine rebuild (f2t 89 mx-6) and i want to upgrade, or is it a better idea to rebuild it stock agian. im shooting to run high 12's low 13's easily and reiable. I cant find any website that have the parts im looking for, the internals of the motor. If any of you guys have some good websites for some forged parts it would be awesome. which brings me to another question are our stock internals forged?
thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well heres a question. Most Jap stuff is shotpeened. Are the rods and crank done from Mazda for the stock internals?

The original poster asked about the internals. I would also like to know if crank and rods are forged or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In all my years of Mustangs/blowers (alot), we have always dropped factory compression in respect to boost applied. In all my motors I strived for running pump gas. You almost always make more umph by adding more boost than compression. Compression just squeezes, more boost is adding more air which then more fuel can be added. True added compression yields more power but not as much as boost. If it didnt then we wouldnt be driving turbos, but high compression DXs.................

·
Registered
137 Posts
For sale

Forged pistons used 8.8 comp .75mm over w/ new rings. Brand new Pauter connecting rods. Full floating wrist pins. Everyone loves lowering their comp. with more boost for that safety margin. Playing around with the HP calculator, With a respected boost drop, and a rise in compression will yeild a higher HP and Torque number. 7.8:1 at 15 psi will be similar to 9:1 with 7 psi. Get a MSD boost master. It is your friend. they dont make those things just to look pretty.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
vrouv06 said:
I guess you could take the pistons from a LX/DX and put them in. I believe those are 8:5:1
LX/DX pistons are 8.6:1

T3 626 said:
Get a MSD boost master. It is your friend. they dont make those things just to look pretty.
Do you have one and have it installed? If so, what does your knock sensor and knock control unit think of it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
ERRR...You got me Sick. Never used one on a 6. why doesnt the knock sensor like it? You're too smart for your own good, though (no offense):freak: .

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
our cars are one car that can actually use a bit higher compression. the last two motors ive built i used 8-5-1 pistons, and 8-6-1 pistons. both are very boost friendly still. the motor im building now for my 89 is going to be 8-8-1 and still will see a decent amount of boost.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.