Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to see the difference in wheel gap between intrax and eibach springs. If u could post pics and list what shocks you are using, that will be great.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
intrax springs on stock GT struts

and here is a pic of stock ride height for comparison:

·
Registered
89 Posts
eibachs

photo courtesy of zlyricist's sig. iirc he's on an eibach pro-kit in that picture

·
Registered
499 Posts
There maybe the added factor of tire size between zlyricist's and Maffatato15's. But the drop does appear to be more on the Intrax.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i had some intrax on my 626 and the handling sucked and it was real low in the front. i now have eibachs and it dropped it just right and the handling is great.

·
Registered
253 Posts
intrax give u a mean drop but the eibachs give a small drop but the handling is good with a nice soft ride,especially with the tokico blues, ideal setup for any 1st gen unless u go coilover

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
^^agreed. I cant stress how much I love the Tokico Blues/Eibach ProKit combo. It handles nice, gives a decent drop, and rides comfortable.:tup:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
i wanna buy some kyb's eventually and try them with the intrax springs to see how that feels.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
you name them, ive used them at one point. lol.

my very 1st set of springs were eibach on KYB's. wasnt anywhere close to the drop i was looking for, and the springs were too soft for my liking. i was happier with the intrax on monroe replacements i ran in all truth. but that probably had alot to do with the drop the intrax gave me. i was insanely happy with that. lol.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
yeah Im not too picky on my drop. Hell even with the Eibach/Tokico combo my 89GT had the front lip sitting only 1" off the ground:eek: Any lower and I wouldnt be able to drive it anywhere:lol:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
someone must have torched your eibach's then. my 92pgt is slammed on coil overs over 5 inch's lower from stock. and i still have more then an inch gap in the front. but im tucking some 15 inch rims though! lol.

eibachs are like a inch drop, at most, an inch and a half. and thats when they settle. if your looking for a drop spring, there not a good choice at all. as a suspension upgrade, they do work though.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
if you want looks, you'll definitely want something around a 2" drop. the eibach drop isnt nearly enough, but, it is still a very comfortable spring upgrade, great for daily driving.

my current setup is on 2g megan springs, 2" drop, and stiff as hell. good for drag racing i suppose :p

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
someone must have torched your eibach's then.
Nope. Bought them new in the box from Eibach.

my 92pgt is slammed on coil overs over 5 inch's lower from stock. and i still have more then an inch gap in the front. but im tucking some 15 inch rims though! lol.
I said 89 though, not 90-92. The 89's front sits lower, and the big lip drops down even further.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i wanna buy some kyb's eventually and try them with the intrax springs to see how that feels.
dont waste you time with them. I purchased a set and one yaer later they were shot. The P.O.S. didn't like to be lower than factory ride height. Go with some Tokico or Gab's if you are going to spend the money.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Intrax, KYB struts and 205/45/17. that sure was a good looking 6', kinda sad....

I like the drop of this one, I have the same size tires, but donr like the drop of the white one up top. I think the front sits to low.

·
Registered
282 Posts
So, 2 gen tokico illuminas and eibach, anyone with this setup? If so, What do you think? Ride Quality? Handling? Ride hieght? Just throwen it out there.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
I had that setup on my MX6 originally.

Ride height: Low. Really fucking low:lol: I had barely a finger width of wheelgap on the fenders.

Ride quality: Shitty. On softest they arent really horrible, but then again the whole point of buying Illuminas is to have them set at hardest for better handling:lol:. On the stiffest setting its like riding on bricks.

Performance: IMO, Can't be beat. The car handled like a dream.

someone must have torched your eibach's then. my 92pgt is slammed on coil overs over 5 inch's lower from stock. and i still have more then an inch gap in the front. but im tucking some 15 inch rims though! lol.
I just measured, but even on my 91PGT with the EIbach/Tokico combo I only have 1.5" of wheelgap, and only 4.5" of ground clearance for the front bumper:shrug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts