Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am to choose between Intraxx or Eibach lowering springs, which would be the better choice? What are the main differences, aside from the 1.7 or 1.5" drop diff. Is one better quality then the other? Please let me know any info you might have. tks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, from what I read, they both seem to be great springs. The only real difference is one is lower, and I think the Intrax are not as stiff as the Eibachs are.

G

·
i have the eibach pro-kit on my car...and i have to say i love it. the intrax is lower, but i like the stiffness of the eibachs. when i put 'em on, it was like a whole different car; much less body roll and nosedive. i still have my stock rims on (not for long) but the 1.5 drop on the eibachs went a long way to filling in the wheel wells. i actually think that when the springs settled it was a little more than 1.5". again, i cant compare them to the intrax, cuz i havent been i a mx with intrax, but i love the eibachs!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
hey guys the intraxs r very nice springs great ride and handle well at teh saem time i have some for sell off my 93 ls only been on there ashort time asking 150 plus shipping i have it on the forsell thread email me if u know u want them

·
Registered
257 Posts
NEITHER. H&R. I SWITCHED FROM EIBACH TO H&R AND HAVE BEEN MUCH HAPPIER EVER SINCE.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If your only choices are Eibachs and Intrax, then get the Eibachs. Intrax springs are mainly for lowering purposes imo, they are softer than the Eibachs and rather bouncy. The Eibach corporation actually researches their springs a great deal, their springs arent made just to lower your car, they are made to give you better handling and are made as to not wear your struts out as quick as others. Thats why the Eibachs are notas much of a drop as some others. IF you want quality and handling, buy the Eibachs. If you want that really lowered look, but the Intrax

Now, several members of my car club have the H&Rs on their probes, they are very nice also, I would consider them definitely over the Intrax.

Later,
Robert

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would definitelly go with Eibachs over Intrax. I used to have the Eibach Pro Kit springs on and th eride was definitelly stiffer than stock but still wasn't that harsh on bumps. I recently installed a set of Intrax springs on my friend's MX6 and to tell you the truth, I didn't notice that much of a difference between the drop the Intax gave and the Eibachs. Like it was mentioned before, the Intrax are really bouncy and don't do well under hard cornering. I would either go with the Eibach Pro Kit or if you want a bigger drop, go with Ground Controls with Eibach springs. Definitelly not Intrax.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I'm pretty much decided on Eibach springs. Just need to decide whether to do it now or wait till spring...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.