Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IPOD Minis Converted to Solid State 16G: $70

I buy these with broken Hard Drives, pull out the Hard Drives and replace them with 16Gig Compact Flash chips. They look like the standard Mini, but they are now solid state 16Gig power houses. The computer, ITunes, WinAmp, whatever you use to manage your IPOD will see them as 16Gig Minis. Your battery will last longer, since the Compact Flash Chip does not consume the power that the mechanical Hard drive did. I cannot guarantee ANY color, whatever I currently have is what I will sell. $70 plus add shipping. Here is a Screenshot I took within ITunes that shows the capacity of these things after I MOD them.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Wait, so these are basically 16G flash drives that look like iPods now? Or, essentially an upgraded iPod?

Sorry, I'm extremely tired right now, so I'm trying to make sense of this, lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are Ipod Mini's with their broken 4gig or 6gig hard drives removed and replaced with a 16 Gig Compact Flash card. No more moving parts, and lots more room to store songs.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ah, sorry, makes sense to me now, haha.

I was just being curious, as I kind of want a rather large USB storage that can fit in my pocket. Like, 8GB+, as I already have an iPod that stores all the songs I want.

Thank you for the clarification. :tup:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
How much? I might be interested. Send me a Pm if you want to keep the price private

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sell these 16 Gig Minis for $100.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, and I can assure you they work like a regular IPOD. I use one myself, in the house, on the stereo, in the kitchen, and in my car. They look just the same, cept they have 16G memory stick in them. If you like, send me a PM or EMail I will send you my cell phone number. I can also make them into 30Gig powerhouses, but that increases the cost by $50 (extra cost for the chip). The 16G holds approx 15G worth of music, after the IPOD files are put on it.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I guess the screenshot is good enough for me. I don't think you would fuck with a moderator on the forum that you're using as a sales point.

I might give one a try at the end of the month. Gotta make the car/rent/student loan payments before I know how much cash I will have around.

Do you have a black one around? $100 plus shipping and I don't really think shipping an ipod would cost more than $5 from you to me.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Generally speaking, yes. The 32 GB Compact flash chip is relatively affordable, although not as much as the 16 GB. The 64 GB CF Chip has just been developed, less then a year ago by a couple companies, Samsung and Pretec are two that come to mind. I assume you CAN purchase them, somewhere, although I have yet to find them. I would guess they would be expensive. There ARE larger capacity Solid State Drives available, but the form factor of them are a bit larger, and I don't know of anyone that has made them work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Price dropped to $70 plus $5 shipping, I have one left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts