Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it would be OK to run a 17" rim with a 49mm offset? It seems like 49mm would be within bounds but I'm not sure.
I ask becuase I want to run these Saab rims:

I would ditch the Saab center caps. These are off of a new 9-5 Aero, and I happen to have found a cheap source for a set. What do you think?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice looking Wheels man ;)

But we need more info, what width are they? what size tyres are going on them?

I just put 215/40/17*8 on my 4WS (Australia), they have 44mm os and the rims make it easy, but if I were to go much wider with rubber the struts would be rubbed & the guards would need lipping.

btw I'm also 1.75" lowered.

G/L

Woo

·
Registered
186 Posts
just out of curiosity, what is the stock offset on the MX6? I'm running RX7 rims with no problem, so I'm assuming that the offset is similar.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The mob that fitted up my wheels said that the standard offset for a 1st gen is 38mm.

I have read on the bb that the limit of offset is 48mm but as you increase the rubber width you would have to reduce the offset.

At the max offset (48mm) I think the tyres were 235/45's from memory. You could always try a search for "offset" .
:)

Wòó

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think those wheels are :V !
i'd rather ride on stocks and
save my money for nice tires.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Streespota, thanks for the input dude.
Woo, glad you like them, but I'm probably gonna forget about since there's no way for me to be sure they would fit without doing anything wierd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts