Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a MX6, 1995,V6, broken front strut, won't start, body and interior in ok condition. May be a broken timing belt. Looking to restore it - I love these cars so much. This one will be number 5. I hate to see them go to salvage. My daughter drives one. Another one was wrecked but I hold out the hope of being able to someday fix it. The other two run well. Any thoughts are appreciated. Sometimes what seems a bargain is not a bargain!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
if it ran fine or if you know forsure it is the timing belt then i'd say its worth the 500 and if the transmission is in okay shape

I paid $500 for mine in June because the transmission was bad, it had sat for about 4 months and I had alot of little things I had to do on it and now only 8 mths later i've put almost $5000 into the car but thats partially because the shop that I got to do the tranny (I didn't have anywhere to do it myself) ended up being really crooked and for a job they quoted me at $375 to do the final bill came to $1200 which was absolutely ridiculous.

even if you buy it for $500 and everything else is in good shape then chances are you could probably get more then that by parting it out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I had four mx-6's and one was broken, i would sell that one for 500 and spend that and the five hundred dollars you would save by not buying a sixth mx-6 and make one of the two that you have running a little faster.

A new shock, timing belt, and whatever else it will need will be more than 500 total, at least thats my bet.

P.s. this thread is hilarious.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
P.s. this thread is hilarious.
?????? plz explain .

Celts .. simply put, you would get more than 500 back if you parted it, so in view of things.. buy it.

And if i had the money and space to store them, i would buy up all the 6's bound for the crusher too, so other 6 users have places to get second hand units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts