Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to get KL-ZE soon, But my freidn says that if I want to get turbo, SC, or NOS, it won't even last 6 months.

So, Is it possible to get the car upto 250hp with just N/A tunes?

enigne
headers
intake
mufflers

Is there some way to boost the hp up in healthy way?
Ya, better tires and get some weights off helps, but I want it to go clse to 250hp...

Since I am getting those, I'd like to get some chances with camaro when done and camaros are like...230-250 hp?

So someone help me....
:eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
OF COURSE IT'S POSSIBLE

Just talk to Stage36. He knows all about modding the internals to get you up to 250 hp.

·
Registered
202 Posts
250 hp Normally Aspirated is a challenge and will take a fair amount of money. It is possible, but would require a complete build up of the engine from the bottom up. Bump up the compression by changing pistons/rods, new cams, lots of work on the heads, port and polish everything, higher flow fuel pump and adjustable fpr, all the bolt ons, etc...

As for turbo, there is no reason at all that a KL03 or KLZE would not last under boost. It takes a lot of money and tuning to get a turbo running properly on these cars, but as long as you do it right and keep the boost in a safe range, it will last. Your friend doesn't know what he is talking about.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Akisan2 said:
I think I am going to get KL-ZE soon, But my freidn says that if I want to get turbo, SC, or NOS, it won't even last 6 months.

So, Is it possible to get the car upto 250hp with just N/A tunes?

enigne
headers
intake
mufflers

Is there some way to boost the hp up in healthy way?
Ya, better tires and get some weights off helps, but I want it to go clse to 250hp...
Getting to a specific output of 100hp/L (250 hp from 2.5L) is going to require a ton of work. Assuming you keep the stock valvetrain (read "hydraulic"), let's put a safe cap of 7000RPM on the engine, like Mazda did, that affords some sort of safety factor. That means you'd need to be making 187 ft-lbs of torque at the crank at 7000 to get that power output.

Fortier's ZE plots show that his car was making about 120-ft-lbs at 7000 at the wheels, or about 142 ft-lbs at the crank. I think you're going to be jumping through flaming hoops to make an additional 46 ft-lbs (32% more torque) at that RPM.

And even if you can get the engine to breathe that well at 7000, it won't idle below 1200 I bet. There's a reason why VVT is so popular on high revving engines expected to do everyday street driving too.

I dunno... Is it possible? Sure. Is it feasible? How much money do you have? Think about the difference between the KL03 and the KLZE: cams, compression, head ports and that kick-ass manifold get you about 35HP. I'm wondering what you can optimse to find a further 50 in that engine and still have something drivable on the street.

Since I am getting those, I'd like to get some chances with camaro when done and camaros are like...230-250 hp?

So someone help me....
:eek:
Which Camaros? Early 90s 350s? Those were about 240HP. The newer ones range from 275 to over 320HP. To be honest, even with 250HP under the hood, an LS1 Camaro would be a stretch. A 250HP, 2800lb MX6, at 11.2 lbs/hp has a pretty good power to weight ratio comparison to a 305HP, 3200 pound Camaro (10.5 lbs/hp), but it's still worse and the Camaro has the advantage of RWD...

Might be fun to try though.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you people!

Those info adds my little knowledge...thanks:D
Well it is really up to my friend. He can get me KL-ZE, and SC and Turbo. But I personally want to be INCOGNITO. That's the keyword...
I want a fast car without those flashy turbo gauges so poeple think they can take me...then I'd blow em away...(Hey I can still [email protected] )
As $ wise, I guess i am VERY lucky. He can do ANYTHING that is on his reach.(He has a INCREDICLE deal with westwing and connections of mechanics...) Basically I can ask him to completely overhaul the engine and work it from inside out. But I have NO idea about very technical deals when it comes to specific engine works.

My car is still in shop...getting my Battery removed to trunk, then getting custom intake...I saw it today and they have done a very good job. I am happy about that.

I guess my car is a bit faster and I am always happy to know that:D

My next step is IAT and tranny cooler.
IAT sounds complicated...I'll print out the how-to from your page mike and let those guys at the shop see it...is there some technical things that I should be aware of about IAT mod?

Oh since you posted, how are the superchips? You had them right?

It's going to be alot of work and need alot of time, But i am looking forward to it. My friend is totally on my back and the best I could to is research research and research.

Oh, and about cameros, I personally hate them so If i can take any 90's camero, I'd be happy

})

If we think we can't, I'll ask him to get me a turbo or SC or both.

Anyhow, thanks mike
:D :D :D

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
superflymx6 said:
How much HP can these tranny hold, i read some number some where but i dont recall the number??
Well. Some dude with this turbo'd 626 V6 is pushing around 300 whp. (yes it's stroked and modified internals) Just can't remember his name now.... Anyway, he's got at least one time his 5th gear "toothless", if you know what I mean. The 5th gear broke down. So maybe it somewhat lower than 300 whp, go figure.
Mici

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are going to get a ZE, you may want to rethink the turbo/SC. I am not sure if they would work as well with the ZE's higher compression. I think that for FI you may want to stick with the 03 motor. Now NOS, that is another story.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: there some posts...

Akisan2 said:
I forgot who...I think stage? had the car turbo and SC with ZE...I know i saw it few days ago and it works fine...as he claims...
He had both a turbo AND a SC on his car :eek:???? In either case I would be interested as to what kind of boost he is pushing with the ZE.

·
Registered
200 Posts
new FI system?

Akisan2 said:
I'll ask him to get me a turbo or SC or both.
What would you do with a s/c AND a turbo. I have never heard of anyone using both of these on one engine (I assume it's impossible, but maybe I'm wrong :confused: ). Anyway, if you get the s/c, let us know, because we are all interested in finding a s/c that can work well with the 6.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts