Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it posslibe to put the miller-cycle 2.3 liter V-6 with 210 hp in our cars? Just a thought. the klo3 fits nice in the Millenia so why cant there top engine be put in ours. I understand its superchargerd think of that engine with a small SC pully. heehehehehe

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
It comes from the same K-series family of V6s, but there are some problems.

The engine is tall. Intake plumbing (the intercooler, most notably) is laid on top of the valve cover, which may cause hood clearance problems.

The front (timing belt side) mount is quite different than the normally aspirated Ks. I don't know if it's a drop in replacement or if some body mods would be required.

A look at the dash of a Millenia S shows the tach redline at 6000, not 7000 for the KL03. Bummer...

An MTX should bolt up to it but there's precious little proof out there because so few (if any...I know of no one) have done this.

You'd likely have to import the Miller motors engine management system and likely parts of the fuel system too.

Big job, not cheap. I'd rather spend the money turbo'ing a healthy KL03.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
better solution

Just but the V6 KL-ZE ( Japanese ) original motor that features a higher compression and improved intake manifold ( bigger runners ) that outperforms the KL with its 200HP rating.
:idea: })

1 - 3 of 3 Posts