Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waiting for the lights to turn green and I see this car come to a stop behind me, didn't know what it was. So anywayz, lights turn green and I take off. This car is right behind me and I'm in my second gear now. The car made a lane change and I let him catch up to me and he starts speeding up. I caught a quick glimpse and it turned out to be a Silver Lexus IS 300 with a really loud exhaust (don't know if the stock one's make so much noise). I was able to keep up with him, it was more like he was keeping up with me. I only changed the gear to 3rd. We're side by side for atleast a 1/4 mile until I had to make a turn to get to my street. I was really disappointed with that car. I was planning to buy one of those in future and man, it couldn't even beat a MX 6. I say cheers to our car and hell with the Lexus.
Funny thing is, I was at this performance shop and I see a similar IS 300 with a big exhaust, don't know if it was the same car. The guy standing beside it was fairly big, didn't want to ask him anything.

cheers
Another proud owner of MX 6 :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
They are supposed to be decent, but you should know that the car you raced was an auto. The stick version is scheduled to be released in the US soon & I'm sure that it will be faster. For any other info about the IS300, I recommend that you ask Scooby, our resident IS300 owner.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, these things got the hands on the wheel gear shift linked to a 5 speed automatic, but still.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
okay...

here you go... according to Car and Driver Magazine:

quarter-mile: 7.1
1.4 mile: 15.3

A quote: "The IS300 uses the same 2JZ-GE 3.0-liter DOHC 24-valve straight-six that propels the bigger Lexus GS300 sedan, an engine that traces its lineage to the old Toyota Supra."

So you could imagine the response this engine has to aftermarket parts... i'm sure it's great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I raced one the other night, (my friends') and he beat me from a stop at a light using the techtronic, but from about 25mph i beat him by half a car.. And the techtronic thing, it doesnt cancel out to save the engine, so if you have it at redline itll stay there until you shift or the engine dies. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
:confused: i never said it was the fast. I said i bet it responds well to mods... people always take... nevermind. You know i've noticed that those of us that post alot have our places. YZF is always pissed off for example. I always try to be nice until someone pisses me off. BOW always has cool a$$ posts. Solar is funny. Stage is always technical... sometimes! The list goes on but even more sad is that I know things like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts