Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Yeah, thats what I call a sleeper...

suprised it didnt do better than 13s...maybe white walls arent the best tyre for traction..

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
It was running TRX wheels with semi comps. Completely stock VG30. I think it was even an VG30ET not DET.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've seen an old mazda 323 rear wheel drive with a 13b turbo in it. Original paint and rust. The exhaust that you saw out the back was in no way connected to the engine. There was also an old Honda Civic hatchback with a turbo in similar condition running around years ago. I was waiting at a set of lights to cross over (on foot). When the lights turned green, the little honda smoked the tyres, accelerated through three gears and disappared before the commodore it was racing cleared the intersection.

That was hilarious.

Also I really really doubt Mazda will release a 3 rotor TURBO engine on the new platform. That would be a 26X and would probably not pass any emitions regulations. No doubt it would be AWESOME. The next rotary will be the 16X, an NA engine. They may release a 26X NA if we are really really lucky. A 13b with turbo has enough power for most things (for mum and dad drivers), a 16x with turbo would be even better i'm sure.

Also note that 3 rotor concept car Mazda have the Furai is a PP 20B. Its a modified version of what I have, not a 26X or anything like that. So I guess they could release a 20B. Which would also be great.

So from what I have read and heard, the next gen RX8 will have a 16X NA engine. If they start selling a RX7 it would be logical to add a turbo. Maybe then the series 8 RX7 will come down in price and i can get one of them too :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
The guy I imported my car from (Dom at Holoford motors) built a 323 from the ground up with a rotary in it lol! Could of been him..
He said that he would rev the car next to any1 that looked like they wanted to race..
Usually they'd look at him and think "wtf mate? uve got a shit box!" However they were in absolute shock when that thing took off..
He always saw their faces in the rear view, just completely oblivious to what had happened.. haha!

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
AusTerror;2250286 The exhaust that you saw out the back was in no way connected to the engine. [/QUOTE said:
Many years ago (before they changed the law to stop you doing this) There was a guy in my local area who had a ford 351 v8 jammed into a 1971 Cortina.

He used the stock rear muffler, but not like you think....it has the stock outlet and a 3" inlet which basically did a 45degree bend and came out the bottom flush with the casing.....so yeah the stock tip was just fro show.

now that thing was unbelievably fast, you could see the body flex when he launched it down the road....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Also 8 x 3 = 24. My bad. a tripple rotor based on the 16x would be a 24x.

·
Registered
1 Posts
who says you need a turbo or supercharger to get extra power? never heard of a Peripheral Port or Bridge Port?

bad drivability but ultimate power if you just do a Peripheral port job.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts