Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cheers for the advice. I'm thinking less is good. The vf10/vf12 upgrade sounds like the way to go. So all I would need is a vf12 turbo? And probably standalone system because woo chip isn't materializing. Please explain it like you're talking to a chimp. My knowledge is very limited. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Or do I just high flow my stock turbo. How many horses is a high flow stocker good for? The cost of a high flowed stock turbo is $650 (pricey) but is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
A VF10 CHRA & compressor is more or less bolt in, so you're only up for the cost of a used VF10. The VF12 requires some mods to the VJ11 exhaust housing. There is a thread in the main 1G section on this site about this upgrade.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-forced-induction/207510-my-new-turbo-vf12-vj11-hybrid-pic-inside-10.html#post2527385

I would do this before spending money on a "high flow" stock unit, plus I would want to know what they do to the stock unit to make it high flow. I have heard of both good and bad high flow mods.

Without getting a woo ecu I would just go to standalone ECU. If you do this you will be free of limitations, you'll be able to get the car tuned how you want.
The woo ecu mod isn't the best solution, it was just an easy one at the time but it was designed around a T28 and the mixtures were a bit off if you used anything else. I used it with a VF34 and the mid range mixtures were horribly rich.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi stoker , I have been reading your posts and hope you still doing the eproms for1994 mx6 ?? , 2.5 V6 manual, has headers ,hi flow 100c cat , single 2.5 mandrel bent full exhaust k&n filter OTR (standard air box otr) . Cheers mark 0499116040 ,located in swansea , nsw

21 - 24 of 24 Posts