Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently quit smoking (for real!) and have been trying desperately to clean the car of it's stench. I was wondering if there is a air conditioning/air flow filter somewhere, and if there is how can I replace it?

When I turn on the blower/a.c. i get a smell of algae or something nasty growing in my car and also the smell of old smoke (from cigs). Any idea on what I can do? I've cleaned the interior of the car (carpet, headliner, seats etc.) and that has helped some, so now I'm down to this.

Any help would be appreciated! Also, where could I buy the part and does anyone know the part name/#? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That reminds me.. I need to steam clean my interior sometime.. BTW, congrats on quitting smoking. I am still smokin' but I have never smoked (cigarettes) in my MX-6! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, good job on giving up. I was "lucky" enough to be so sick with some kind of flu-from-outer-space a year ago that I couldn't smoke for four days, and that was enough to get me over "the wall", as it were. When I tried six years before that my co-workers signed a petition to get me to start again, so I did.

·
Registered
641 Posts
congrats. if i didn't smoke i swear i would go postal and wipe this whole stupid base out that i'm stationed at! THANK GOD FOR CIGARETTES!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts