Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

is there any differences [between dx and lx]

702 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  retsamaksrepus 
#1 ·
i have a 88 mx6 dx auto 2.2 and a 89 mx6 lx 5 speed 2.2 is there anything different about the cars other than the accesories and are both the engines 0 clearance engines because they wont start and no spark either and i think that it is the timing belt on both of them. if there are differences between the cars then what are they?

#3 ·
yes that is what i mean there is no spark from eitheir engine and the 88 is a donor car for parts so if no spark all the fusses are good and a good battery and plenty of gas then is it the timming belt and the main reason i ask if it is a 0 clearance engine is because i have been trying to get them started and i was told i could have screwed them up because they might be a 0 clearance engine

#5 ·
#6 ·
when i try cranking the engine over what would it do if the timing belt has broken? i was told that the cars had fuel problems like it would just die when driving down the road but if there is no spark then what could it be? i got both of the cars for $500 and i want the 89 which is the nicer one to be my daily driver what can i do?

#7 ·
Well you can check for spark by seeing if the plugs are getting fire, check the fuel filter to see if its getting fuel or check under the timing cover to make sure the belt its there and rotating fine.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.