Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend wants to sell me a 15" jbl sub in a custom (homemade) box. With a 150 watts kenwood amp. He's assurec me that it will fit in my trunk and that 150 watt is going to prodcue enough power for good sound. He's asking $240.
Does anyone know if a 15" will fit in our trunks and what is your opinion on this deal???

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would check out the fit first. I've got a 12" in a homemade box and it's a tight fit under the rear deck in my trunk. I'm also using a 300W mono kenwood amp to drive it, and I don't think I would go with much less. I don't know much about JBL subs, so I don't really know how good a deal that is.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hmmmm.....

i dont know about only 150w for a 15" sub. without know which series of JBL sub it is, i can make the assumption that the sub is underpowered by a lot. you might wanna upgrade the amp if you buy that setup. get the series of sub, ohm rating, and the series of the amp. post it up and ill see what i can do for ya.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. It'll fit in my trunk if I lay it down but I'mnot gonna get it. A friend of mine who knows a good deal about subs says 15's rattle way toomuch. I think I may just go with 2 10's with a 300watt amp. Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is a good choose. you will be much happer with tens that hit faster and the bass peak stays insde the car not to mention you will still have some trunk space left over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts