Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not sure if this is the place to post this... Not to used to the 1st gen forum...

anyway...

Price- $1,000

It's a 1988 Mx6 LX. 198k miles(allllllll freeway, and I can guarentee that!) Power everything, sunroof, 5 speed, smooth trans, brand new tires and clutch White, with Blue interior. The car runs stronger than my 94 LS with 149k miles. It has the usuall dents and dings for a 17 year old car, and has ugly graphics down the side of it.

It's my Uncles really good friend, who bought the car in 95(with only 25k miles) to drive back and forth to work, which is a 1.5hour drive there, and 1.5 hour back, monday-thursday for 10 years now! (occasionally, he wouldn't drive it, but that's the only time he would drive it!)

So, should I go for it?

Jason

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
True Panther. That's what I was thinking, but Jason, if it's just gonna be a winter car or something it's not a bad deal at all.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried talking him down, but no luck... It's gonna be a winter car, and then be sold! I'm still contemplating, because I need a winter car here soon. They are talking snow by the end of the week, and there is a ton of snow in the mountains...

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Go for it, its still a good deal

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
My LX was 500$ Canadian with less miles.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think you're going to have a harder time selling it for $1000 or close to that when you're "through" with it in spring. No matter how many new parts were put in (regular maintence), you're not going to get much for it. I paid $700 for my LX with 204k. It had new tires, new gas tank, brakes, radiator, TB boot, plugs, wires, cap, blah blah blah...Runs like a champ though, but I'd be happy if I could get $400 out of it. Usually people that knows these cars will buy a high mileage LX for $1000 +.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
or if you find someone that knows nothing about milage they'll buy it. $1000 is worth it sice he know the history of it and will br reliable for the winter

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
$1000? that's fairly cheap for an LX....i've seen LX's go for almost 3k here, and i'm just a state over..haha

but yes...it's a good deal, get it. and turbo the LX y0! haha

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
$1000 isnt a bad price for it. Especially since you know the cars history and you know it has been beaten 3x and driven to hell and back. I'd go for it. Granted you will probably only get $400 if it was somone from here buying it. I say leave the graphics and when it comes time to sell it, some sophmore in HS will buy it thinking hes the next Paul Walker.

Please, dont even ask about turboing the LX :lol: You'll be flamed and run away from the 1g Sections of you ever ask about it! Just disregard HotAsses comment!!!! :lol:

-Tyler

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I think $1k knowing it's history isn't bad.. especially if you think you could get something out of him if something major fails in the first month or two.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tyler886 said:
Please, dont even ask about turboing the LX :lol: You'll be flamed and run away from the 1g Sections of you ever ask about it! Just disregard HotAsses comment!!!! :lol:
-Tyler
Trust me, I know... It's one of those... it'd be cheaper to sell your LX for a GT...

My buddyw ent through that with his NA Eclipse... 3 months and 3g's later, he was boosted!!

I'm still deciding because I realized I need somehting for a new DD, and i'd feel a lot better(even though they are all highway) if I had a lower mileage car... I'm still keeping my eyes open though!

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
198k really isnt that bad, especially with highway. Mine was driven for 215k with like 50/50 highway/city mileage. When the original tranny went at 215k, the engine still had life left in it and pulled fine. It burned a bit of oil and I never had to throw money at it for anything besides oil.

-Tyler

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i'm glad someone got my joke ;) hehehe

but seriously, 3g's to turbo a NA car isn't that bad of a price. it was going to cost me 3500 to turbo my 78 Z car....but i'd also end up getting 280whp, which is almost double the stock 149whp

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
I think $1k knowing it's history isn't bad.. especially if you think you could get something out of him if something major fails in the first month or two.
Yeah, that's very true.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts