Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
That ECU is used with the KLZEs that come with the curved neck manifold. They are not compatible with our wiring harnesses unless some modifications are made. Also, they're programmed to be used with a MAF rather than our VAFs. DreamTheater claimed he was able to modify the harness on his car to run it and got down into the 13s.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what what when it comes to megasquirts

this jan iam buying an KLZE, replacing the gaskets, pistons, rods, underdrive pully timming belt, water pump, oil pump, and taking off the ac commpressor. basically iam preparing it for a turbo setup. i wont be dropping the engine in till may, and i havent chosen an compression ratio yet. and i wont be turboing it for at lease a year and a half, i have not figured out exactly what fuel steup i will be using and with that said what engine mangement system i will be using. havent done that much research on mega squirts and every time i look at the megasqirts web site i really dont know what iam look at. dont see a form giving me a in def inof on megasquirts. if anyone knows a lot abotu it please help me out much karma to anyone that can figure this out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
why buy a ze? you could prolly go cheaper with just getting a used 03 bottom end and ze heads and IM. if your going to rebuild the bottom end ... and correct me if im wrong but wasnt the ze ecu and mx3 ecu the same ? they both used the je50

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
i jsut a program (megasq) and it runs on a wideband 02 sensor... basically lets it self run with the correct air to fuel ... with some dyno work u can make a custom program that allows ur cars best performance, if done correct. the guy can do any ecu and makea custom chip. Its in Renton near Seattle if ur close by id check it out! where u from? im in bc now i was in usa for 5 years/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iam form indiana, dont plan on making any trips to washington no time soon. i guess my biggest problem with building a custom ecu is that in 2007 is everything is still going correctly i want to turbocharge it and that will require totally recalibrating the system, and i want to waste as little money as possible

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.