Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered a 92, 2.0l mx6 for €1000. HE told me the tappets were noisy and that after flushing and changing oil the noise dissapears for 3 weeks but comes back again. Any views about this ?. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
idk what the conversion to euros or whatever is but that model second gen mx6 is ussually ~$1500-2000 US

tapping lifters is a common problem. it doesnt cause any major problems and oil changes does help it

·
Registered
787 Posts
Aussomea said:
idk what the conversion to euros or whatever is but that model second gen mx6 is ussually ~$1500-2000 US

tapping lifters is a common problem. it doesnt cause any major problems and oil changes does help it
Isnt a 92 a 1st gen? Not that it matters. The value of the car is dependant on the condition, and the maintenance history.
The valve lifter noise is more of a nuisance than anything. Sometimes the noise is not the lifters at all, but the timing belt and associated pulleys and pulley bushings and tensioners.
Using a product called Auto-Rx can probably clean the tiny oil passages in the lifters to help eliminate the noise by allowing oil to get into the lifter via oil pressure and expand the lifter to its fullest length, thereby completely filling the area between the cam lobe and the valve stem. This makes the noise go away since there is no rattling of the lifter in the gap between the cam and valve. www.auto-rx.com

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
lordy611 said:
Isnt a 92 a 1st gen?
pretty sure its second gen in ireland. i could be wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts