1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would say it is. One thing I do before I even look at the item description is to look at their feedback score and some recent comments. If it's not 99% or higher I click "back", this seller is 99.4%. You could also email them and ask. And to answer your last question, I've never heard of that brand before.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
that's probably an ILS* rating.

*If Lightning Strikes. :p

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Keegan said:
I don't get it...
:sigh: It will probably only ever hit 2000W of power if it gets struck by lightning.........once. :lol: I mean, i have a "1000w" Pyle amp (pawnshop crap) that i know isn't capable of actually hitting 1000w of power. possibly the same thing with the one above. you see what i mean?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
hahah pyle... you know why its called pyle right? add 2 more words and ya got it :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
i actually had a lanzar 1000 watt amp i had bought from a stereo shop and it pushed 2 rockford fosgate 15's i had pretty well and it never overheated on me even after i played it at full power for a while. i had good luck with it so its all in personal preferance.

·
Registered
739 Posts
yeah it should be good givin the feedback of the guy is good, my buddy just baught a 1600 watt kenwwod amp off there for like 130 shipped so yeah go for it:smokin:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
if only you knew what kind of current draw it takes to make that much power.

1600 watts = 112.21 amps
2000 watts = 140.85 amps, hope you've got 1/0 gauge wire and the necessary hardware to back it up....

btw, calculations using 14.2 volts as my baseline. using 13.2 volts is an even HIGHER current draw.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
neptune_51 said:
hahah pyle... you know why its called pyle right? add 2 more words and ya got it :lol:
agree:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
meh, a friend gave it to me.

and you're right. it's garbage.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
One thing about car audio - you get what you pay for, unless you're buying stolen stuff. Something is wrong when an amp sells new for $100 and supposedly has 1000W. The amp is probably a cheap knockoff that sounds like crap.

·
Registered
739 Posts
well, if ur looking for good shit cheaper i can get it from my buddy, he has an online store for car audio and depending on what you are looking for i can get it probebly 30 to 40 percent cheaper than at anystore and its still in the box and has a warrenty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts