Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently helped my friend who has a Mazda Mx-6, 93 coupe install nitros so he could street race around town against some hot shots. After we installed it we took it for a test drive and every time he shifted the nitros would kick in for a brief moment. Whenever he stops the nitros kicks in full blast an rockets him across the road. We installed it with a perfessionals help and noone know what went wrong. Any one know?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Sounds like something with the engage switch is messed up. If it's engaging by itself. It's also spelled nitrous. Let us know how this ends up.

metros

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Nitrous is only supposed to be used at WOT (wide open throttle). If it's engaging at any time other than that, I'm surprised you haven't blown the motor yet.

Get it fixed or take out the bottle

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Malicious said:
Nitrous is only supposed to be used at WOT (wide open throttle). If it's engaging at any time other than that, I'm surprised you haven't blown the motor yet.

Get it fixed or take out the bottle
That's what I thought about the WOT but I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't say it. Hopefully he has some fuel system upgrades to back it up.

metros

·
Registered
550 Posts
+1 for the wide open throtle suggestion!! If you dont you can blow your intake manifold to pieces. Yeah i would get it fixed asap or take the bottle out

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
mx6-93 said:
Whenever he stops the nitros kicks in full blast an rockets him across the road
Am I the only one that finds that and
Is this safe?
funny? lol. if he stoped there was probly a good reason for it. lol.

Yea, if its ingaging randomly then theres a big problem I would unhook it RIGHT now till you get that problem fixed

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
chaos14 said:
whats more odd is that he has a manual and it still "rockets him across the road"
We would assume when someone saids they "shifted" would imply a manual. In my experience when a "racer" says he is shifting it means he's pushing his ATX from lower to the high gear.

Cause yah know, that's shifting too :lol:.

Can anyone imagine an MTX in neutral "rocketing" forward LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks?

After i posted this me and my friend took his car to a shop and had it looked at. The switch was faulty and the connecter cable to the switch was wired all wrong. He got a new one for FREE and a one year refill slip. He had a new installed and it works perfectly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts