Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebay

Just looking around ebay and saw this monster... it does say that it is too big for most aplications, but aren't some of you guys running Stage 3 wheels in your T3's???

I'm looking for around 400hp ATW... but at this rate I may wait until next year before I start to get anything. No one likes answering emails :(

Tripharn

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think that would be a awesome turbo for the street/strip. I had a 60trim instead of the 57trim and I made 343whp at 20psi. Your looking at around 375whp max with that turbo. I loved that turbo on the street. I got full boost at 4k-4200k. My 60-1 turbo I easily got 400whp but it is a bigger turbo and has a stage 5 wheel on hot side. More lag....and is the max that I'd go for the street...but Nitrous cures the lag. :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Fallguy is right, that should be a great street/strip turbo. Mine is going to be upgraded to the 60-1 comp., stage 3 wheel, .63 exhaust. I figured it needed a rebuild anyways so why not make it what I want.
I don't know why this guy says it's too big, that should be a sweet turbo for a lot of DOHC 16-valve motors.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, that was what I was thinking.

I'll send him an email then :)

Thanks guys.... Still waiting on Venolia. 5 days and counting.

Tripharn

·
Registered
251 Posts
looks huge, should do the job. I'd like to know how long it takes to get here to AUS and how much in total with shipment, taxes etc.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey mate,

Yea, sent an email off today asking all those questions. At this rate I won't have the money for another couple of weeks... So, I probably won't get it until maybe February which is ok, since I don't think I'll have it in until around this time next year, or maybe later.

Tripharn

PS. Especially if I get that Torsen diff.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shipping was $100US plus the turbo of $620 I think... so that is $720US... divided by an exchange rate of .70 gives you....

$1030.

I think that is pretty good for a brand new turbo :)

Tripharn

·
Registered
251 Posts
cool.. umm jus do the maths again..
620+100=720x1.7=1224 :D

I'm guessing it's ball bearing.. but yeah definately a bargain.. if i was doing the 350hp ATW job i would go for that in a second.

cheers mate

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh.... don't want to get picky but it isn't x 1.7 but divided by 0.7.

This is because $1 AU is only worth .70c US.... therefore to get $720 US you only need $1030 AU. Trust me, I travel overseas at least twice a year :D

Tripharn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts