Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup fellas/gals

this is something that has happened since i got the ZE..a friend and myself (mostly him lol) have tried to fix this problem but it hasn't been fixed yet.

At startup i idle at like 1500...when i warm up i drop to about 1 which is great. The idle is steady, but only fluctuates by miniscule ammounts.
If i press the gas and try to hold it at just above 1700 rpm, the rpms bog down to 1000 then come back up to 1700 and continue to do so until i let go. Now, if i add slightly more pressure to get it to 2000 rpm, it just moves up and down faster and only to 1700...and bit more pressure as if i was trying to get to 2200 it goes faster to 1700...then after pressure=2200 rpm it let's go and goes 2200+ rpm... then i can get it at 2500 rpm and slowly release the gas and bring it down to 2200 again and it starts to go 800-1700 again.

We have looked for vacuum leaks...
i am going to try and seal the hole on the CAI elbow, but it's mostly blocked right now...
if ANYONE can help me i would be greatly appreciated..

i have CEL, but it's for EGR boost valve, so as far as i know, it's irrelevent to this problem.

It is very annoying, cuz when i accelerate slowly the car will jolt A LOT, but only sometimes...it's like it has moods. It is comparable to as if you were in first and pressed the gas 1/4 throttle, let go, then did it again, then let go etc.. it bogs like that...and it's annoying cuz sometimes the tires will actually chirp, and i can't imagine it being good for the clutch...cuz hell you are driving with rpms shooting up and down while driving...and it's uncontrollable..
even if i rev to 2500 and slowly release the clutch... as soon as i hit the pressure of the gas pedal it will bog again. Even in 5th...if i were to try and hold a constant speed (barely putting pressure) it will maintain..then let go...maintain, then let go...only way i can actually keep the foot on the gas when this happens is when i press further which means im accelerating which is bad cuz i don't wanna speed..and dont want to have to let go of gas ever 3 seconds when someone is infront of me.

PLEASE HELP KARMA for helpers..
David

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry for double post..
but remember it is a ZE...AND i have cleaned the TB with TB cleaner just for good measures...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill check fuel filter
i doubt it's the VAF, cuz i never had this problem before with my KLDE, it's just been since the KLZE.
How would fuel filter make sense though?? it only happens at 1700-2200 and SOMETIMES at certain throttle pressures...

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
well the reason I mentioned the fuel filter was because sometimes they start to get a bit clogged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts