Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all computer peeps,

I am wanting to connect my computer output wirelessly to an amp downstairs so that i can listen to my tracks at better quality. Can i do this ? and what do i need to plug into my computer and into the amp. Is there a wireless reciever that i connect using audio jacks into my amp and a similar sender unit into the computer ?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
No stoaty m8, speed will not be an issue for mp3's.. depends on if your a keep up with the jones type or not, either go for the current rate of 108 meg or save some money and pick up the 54 meg ones on ebay, either will do fine .. you will be looking for a wg311(t=108) at about 30 notes to put in your pc and you will also probably find the players on ebay also as an alternative price comparison.

Have fun...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Creative do one as well, got it rather than the netgear model due to the remote - has a big LCD screen on it letting you browse music library without having to see the actual unit, plus the remote is radio not IR so base unit can be hidden out of the way.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=243&subcategory=247&product=9192&nav=1

Not what you asked for and needs a bit more on the networking side, but lets you watch mpegs on TV (but needs TV for music browsing)...

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again. Have been thinking again about this. I like the sounds of these ideas ( no pun intended) but i was hoping for a easier, basic solution. ie whatever is playing on my computer (Napster mainly) is played downstairs. I suppose the easiest way is to run a cable from computer to amp, through the soundcard output. However, this not ideal at all. That is why i was looking for a wireless solution. Any solutions ? Can you buy what is basically a wireless lead !

cheers

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Sounds like you want some wireless speakers really.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that could be another solution. Its just that i am a bit of a hi-fi fan and have spent quite a wodge of cash on speakers and sub downstairs and want to make use of them if possible. I thought napster upstairs and hi-fi downstairs would be cool for parties, as we could play pretty much any song we could think of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts