Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, after all I've done to keep this MX6 during my big moves and everything, just turns out it wasn't meant to be... I just got this MX6 in April

Tuesday night I was driving home from work at about 8pm, was on the last little scretch of road, went up a small hill and right at the top, a car was turning from my road onto an intersecting road. My Passanger front end smashed his drivers side front end. My car slid to a stop right before a rock wall and his car spin half way around and nailed a guard rail that kept him from going off a 30 foot cliff. Of course my air bags went off, but I wasn't seriously hurt at all. I jumped out of the car and raced over to his, he was unconcious... After finally getting 911 after like 5 tries (stupid cell service), I really didn't know how to describe where I was (roads here don't exactly have names) so I gave the phone to a neighbor that came out to see what happened... By this time, the old dude was awake and didn't have a clue what happened, but he knew who he was and everything... 20 minutes later the police show up with ambulance showing up about 5 minutes later

After taking all of my info, the police hands me the report number and stuff. Tells me to get two estimates and pick up the report on Friday for insurance. The old man is loaded into the ambulance and I never talk to him, so thats the only way I'll beable to get his information for any claims or whatever. The dealership that my car was towed to told me they can't even give me an estimate since the car is obviously totalled. Anyway, enough to the reading, here's the pictures...

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
all i can say is buy the car back from insurance and part it out, you could probably buy the car back for cheap and make your money back just selling those swirlies! sorry bout the loss, it is always sad to see another 6 bite the dust:cry:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
:(
i feel your pain man, i know what it's like to crash a six...i was fortunate enough to get mine fixed
your looks a little rougher because of air bags.

buy her back and part it out, someone is bound to want interior, rims, tail lights, trunk lid/led brake light sun roof...
give 'er man
Good luck, i hope you get another.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
thats gotta hurt, sorry to hear about your bad news

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I lived Stateside and had readily available access to UPS and Fedex, then I would consider parting it out... As it stands, I live in the Virgin Islands, I rent a small place without much room for an extra car and I have very few tools. USPS would be the only way I could ship things, and they just suck alot of the time, especially when it comes to packages...

Nah, I'm definitly looking at leasing something like a Mazda 3 or Mazda 6. I only plan on being on island for another 2 or 3 years, and I am definitly NOT shipping whatever car I own down here back to the states. The six cost me like 2,500 to get it down here 3 months ago...

Tomorrow is the day I get the police report with all the info and at fault stuff... so tomorrow I might be screaming a different tune

·
Registered
353 Posts
Last month i let my girlfreind drive for only the second time ever. BIG MISTAKE. i sat in the passenger seat and watched my car slide right into a lexus. His fault, but i feel your pain. Still battling with insurance. My second BIG MISTAKE, no police report. Hopefully i'll get some j-specs ought of it. good luck.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I know how you feel man. My six got totalled 6 months ago...I got insurance money for it...but I still haven't replaced the car yet. I guess I'm in a state of depression on the fact that I put a lot of money into the damn thing and now I have nothing...only had it two years..and I spent at least $1000 on repairs - new engine, both cv joints, power steering pump, rear brakes overhauled including calipers...but man did I love the damn thing....no other car is like it. I guess I don't wanna risk going through all that again...my car was running good for months...I was gonna start modding it since I didn't need to spend any more money fixing it....then it was gone. I was on my way home from Ocean City and I got rear ended by one of those Honda Ridgeline trucks and pushed in between the car in front of me and the center barrier swiping both and then into a van which was broken down on the highway. It was on the beltway just outside of baltimore (very busy highway it's like 5 lanes). I don't think I'm gonna buy another six because I can't seem to find any nice ones. I may never end up buying a car until I can afford something really sick (AKA SUPRA). Yeah it's a lot different not having a car and having to use my mom's Jeep GC but I guess I've gotten used to it although it makes me feel like I'm 16 again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.