Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I was very active here on the message boards from 2000-2002 (it looked quite a bit different then). Back then, I was 18-20 years old and had my first car, a 1993 black 2.0 with a manual transmission. Had a Borla exhaust, a CAI (forget the brand... Iceman?) and an underdrive pulley on the car. I was about to start some suspension work when I ended up in an accident in October of 2001 which functionally totaled the vehicle. After some repairs, I was still able to drive the car but my state (PA at the time) would not inspect it.

On the (terrible) advice of a mechanic at a Mazda dealership in town, I traded my wrecked MX-6 in on a Ford Contour SVT which was the worst decision I have ever made. If I had possessed a bit more mechanical knowhow at the time, I could have easily pulled out the radiator support, gotten the hood to latch properly, and had a functional, legal MX-6 again. But I ended up with the CSVT which left me stranded more times than I can count. Transmissions, engines, clutches, everything broke.

Over the years I had a lot of vehicles. A Volkswagen GTI 1.8T, a Subaru Outback, a Grand Cherokee, a 2002 WRX (which I still have) and my 4Runner family hauler. But for some reason, I miss my MX-6 all the time. It's the one I never should have gotten rid of.

Like I said, I still have my WRX (I'm in the midst of an engine swap, body work and repaint currently) but the rest of the cars I've owned, like the GTI, I just don't have any desire to revisit. But something about the MX-6 was special. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing.

In any event, I'm jumping back on here in the hopes that once my WRX project is nearing completion and I free up the necessary cash, I can get my hands on another one. I'm already hopeful, seeing the listings on the site. But what seems to be somewhat rare is what I'm after; a 2.0 with a manual. Color isn't an issue, but for some reason, these seem to be a bit harder to come by.

Anyway, just saying hello and that I'm happy to be back.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

1 - 1 of 1 Posts