Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these in the mail yesterday, thanks Geoff!

Another set of cheap J-Spec I just picked up :D

Some black Friday purchase...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Shoulda bought a desk while you were at it.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
how much for the jspecs this time....

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
This isn't helping the amount of hatred I have for you and your jspec finds

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eBay FTW :)

It's missing 2 rubber covers and both 194 bulb sockets, but good enough for backup.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
i have a few of those little HP machines.

GREAT workhorses... among the fastes mini itx's you're going to find.

let me know if you plan on adding anything serious to it - there are some power supply mods and fan mods that are helpful./

**edit - not the HP slimline... but the asus ones. Still very good machines - i'm sure the advice for the slimlines would carry over. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's actually an Acer Aspire X1200, shhhh don't tell Radar, Ragin said he'll punch people that buy Acer computer :lol:

I read a lot of review before I decided to get it, most people use it as a HTPC cause it has a HDMI output. I'm thinking about upping the power supply cause the factory one only support 200W~220W, and maybe a new graphics card to boost up the gaming potential, maybe a low profile GeForce 9600 GT like this one. Tho, I don't know where to find a Micro PS that fits.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
This is the one we use for the HP slimlines.

Newegg.com - IN WIN IP-P300F1-0 300W TFX12V Power Supply - Power Supplies

keep in mind its not meant to be a gaming rig... so no overclocking (not nearly enough cooling, nor wattage, even with the above psu)

but without knowing what chip is in it - there's a host of new 45W x2 chips on the way from amd.. yours likely has a 65W one.

I'm not a fan of acer - its a small step above emachines IMO... but that machine has been getting decent reviews. how much if you dont mind me asking?

also - a cheap source for small ball bearing (better than brush) fans is a playstation 3 or xbox 360 cooler. (make sure it specifies ball bearing jackets) - you can grab one off ebay cheaper than getting 4 bb fans.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts