Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at a stop light and a neon r/t pulled up next to me, i have an auto i decided to power shift, he wanted to race me , so when the light turned green i gave her a rip i was like three car lenghts ahead of him before he was anywhere away from the stop light, it sounded like a stick also. those cars are slow.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
watch out!

nice kill, but im juss warning u from now that power shifting is not good at all!!! i used to power shift at races all the time, but then i regret it all when my tranny blew and i had a 3000 bill waiting to be paid and im only 17... truss me man.. it aint worth it... neways u woulda beat him power shifting or not... keep up the kills... remember ur representing the Mazda!

·
Registered
235 Posts
What year 6 do you have? If you have the 2nd gen. V6 of course you beat him. I have a 1st gen... now that would be a bad @ss kill! I think that, that would be a good race.

Pyro
89 LX

·
Registered
154 Posts
you kept your car!

I thouht you were sellin your car, glad you kept it, how much was it to install the bumper fog lights if they are fogs I like them. I admire your 6 alot and hope my will look as cool as that one day. well good kill I raced a neon also and killed it it was an auto I'm a 5sp. well thats all oh yea how much was it to make all the mods (looks) to your 6. once agian good job on the kill and the car. if you know do I have to use hood pins on the erebuni racing hood becuse I might be ording mine tonight so I would like a resonse asap please. PEACE!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I dont know about those cars performance wise, but i did watch one do the sickest f&cking burnout i have ever seen in my life. He was smoking them in first and then he shifted to second and got them going. He said his speedo said about 50mph, he was bouncing on the rev limiter the whole time. His car was bone stock too. The only thing he did to it was solid motor mounts. That was a sick neon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just finnished up turbo charging a neon.
used a Hahn Racecraft kit supposedly put it up to 245 hp, and man does that sucker pull, hard!! haven't raced it in the 6, but if those are correct #'s, it would be interesting

speedymx
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"well, how long have you been following me?"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a second gen. so it isnt worth power shifting eh? how much faster do you think it is to power shift?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
well powershifting is basically shifting your car manually thus turning it into a manual car and manual cars basically go .5 seconds seconds faster than an auto in the 1/4 mile so its not that much.. im guessing if u have a car length powershifting, you prob would be tied if you didnt power shift... 1 or 1.5 car lenghts is the difference in a race... not much and definetly not worth 3g's... take it ez

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
power shifting is pressing over drive button and driving lieka a manual, going from first to second then third and then over drive again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts