Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is finally. I cant say enough how happy I am with the way the picture looks on this monitor. Yeah I know there are little inperfections but thats all I could really do under the circumstances.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Look a like carbon fiber? guessing from the seem by the monitor. Looks great in the picture. Great job. It's gonna be super fly when you install

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its that vinyl thing. The only reason you see the seam is because i didnt finish it underneat. The stuff looks good to me and thats all it matters. I wanted to use real carbon fiber but i dont have the place to make sorry to say.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Sweet stuff again, bro. :tup: Looks well wicked. Hopefully we see that installed very soon. :)

Mici

·
Registered
162 Posts
that looks amazing. it looks like youve got a couple little bubbles. if this is the case, try just poking a little hole in the vinyl and squeezing the air out.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
haha, thats awesome

·
Registered
703 Posts
first things first, that kicks ass

next some questions --
- how big is that monitor, and will a bigger one fit??
- are you hooking it up to that puter that you posted about before??
- if so, what kind of power are you using?? inverter??
- did you do all that CF yourself?? i might have to send you my dash :D

good job :tup:

chris

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bumaself said:
first things first, that kicks ass

next some questions --
- how big is that monitor, and will a bigger one fit??
- are you hooking it up to that puter that you posted about before??
- if so, what kind of power are you using?? inverter??
- did you do all that CF yourself?? i might have to send you my dash :D

good job :tup:

chris
its 7" hdtv, 425 but they are out of stock on those for now. Its touchscreen too. It has vga input and two aux video input.Making a bigger monitor fit will be a problem. You may go as high as 7.2. You know those cheaper ones they have on ebay.

Yep, using that same puter.

I was going to use 12v psu but I heard they were having a lot of problems with them so I just went with an inverter with a cap installed. Total on that was 80 vs the 200 they were asking for the psu. That way im good on the amp too..

The cf is just vinyl look alike thing. I think it looks good for what it is. If you need some let me know, I bought a whole role and ill sell ya couple of yards for what I paid for it. Two yards is more than you need. If you need help on building a computer, I can help you with that too.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
G2 Racer said:
That looks pretty sweet.
Are you doing a car PC set up?
Yep. If i had more room by the dash. Id probably have one of the best systems out there. I have so many more components I wish I could add but i just dont have the room. The best part is the ability to transfer my mp3s to the car without cables. This pc is so versatile, its not even funny. My main thing was to add my 5.1 dts processor in the front, but it doesnt seem to fit anywhere.

·
Registered
703 Posts
zijester said:
If you need help on building a computer, I can help you with that too.
thats the one thing i dont need help on [unless you wanna help me pay for it :E ], the CF sounds good though, how much did you pay for it??

lemme know
thanx
chris

·
Registered
133 Posts
Check out my LCD mount i just did a few days ago. Lemme know what you think =)

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its very nice man. Wish I would had that kind of room to work with. But why didnt you use a 7" screen? Think it would have looked alot better.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bumaself said:
thats the one thing i dont need help on [unless you wanna help me pay for it :E ], the CF sounds good though, how much did you pay for it??

lemme know
thanx
chris
I paid 75 for the roll. Lets see say $20 shipped for two yards?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I reason i didn't get a 7 inch, or a VGA for that matter is cause
i wanted to keep this cheap and budget. It's really for fun. Just to see if i like it. Eventually if i want this enuff i will put in the money for it. Right now i only spent like 50 bux on the screen hehe.,.. Not bad for a 6.4 inch. Would be helpful if i had VGA, but a composite will work for now. Till GPS... *shrug* hehe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts