Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of putting in a J-spec engine into an LX or DX?? I was looking online at cork sport mazda performance, and i found a "$1875 1.8L T4cyl (BPturbo) w/approx 210 HP (from GTR) *** " Anyone tried this? 210 horses out of a 1.8?? holy @#$% Batman!! that's not a bad price either.... Seriously, does anyone know if that would be a straight swap, or would you have to modify??? Thanks for any info in advance.

BreezyMX

·
Registered
41 Posts
man, i was looking at the same thing...i'm not sure if there are any mods necessary but i'm guessing that there will be....i'm assuming you have to check with corksport to find out....btw, thanks for the nitrous tip! looking to getting one soon....:)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
thats at corksport right? it says good for 4cyl mx6, probe, and 626 right? well thats second gen..sorry guys..I was going to get a j-spec engine but the only one that would work is from a capella, the 16v 2.0 everyone talks about...i didnt get it...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
oh...why not just drop in a turbo engine from a gt and modify that? raw power seems to have 320 hp rolloing out of his 1gen probe!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I talked to corksport about the engines they have, but they said it would be VERY DIFFICULT to do. You'd need a lot of shit. The GTR engine is out of a Protege (aka Familia), so maybe you could ECU, wiring harness, engine mounts, cross members, etc from a wrecked one. The only catch is that the Protege here didn't have a turbo that i know of, maybe a 323 GTX would.

The one that everyone is talking about (well me mostly, i think) is the code name FE3 not FS_ZE (170Hp) which you are refering to. That engine comes out of a i think 98-00 Capellas. The FE3 is the j-spec engine for 1st gens it came in the GTs in Japan. It came in two flavors, 140Hp and 170Hp (RARE!), 2.0L 16v. I know http://www.importengines.com had one.

[Edited by hurddawg on 12-13-2000 at 10:58 PM]

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, guys, im sorry if this a stupped question but is my engine the A-spec? the engines name is Fs-2 and its a K version, well atleast does are the letters con the engones block, its a 4cyl 93'

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
wtf is going on in this forum......................

mythoz, you have a 2nd gen, ask you question in the 2nd gen forum!

everyone else, read!!

The only engines that will swap into are cars are:
2.2L F2
2.2L F2T
2.0L FE3 (or the Kia Sportage 2.0L DOHC)
3.0L Vulcan from the probe.
(theres a diesel I didn't include as there not available in North America)

and......

thats it!!

The rest is a total custom swap.......
cut this that and everything else, and weld here and there while your at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.