whoooa that was weird, i tried to
post a thread but it send it through "caughtUlookin"
user name? WTF? anyways lets try this again lol

hey guys, i need help REALLY FAST!!!!

i just found out that my friend is leaving for Japan
tomorow. I want to give him some $$$ for the J-spec
headlights, but he is worried that he will have a hard
time finding them there. I was wondering whether they
have a certain part #, or anything that they can be recognized by, or just tell him to search for headlights
for MX-6 from 93 and up? If he finds the lights, is that the only thing that he needs to bring back, or will i be missing something inorder to install them? Any help will be greatly apreciated!

Thanks guys,

ToyMX6

Report this post to a moderator

·
Registered
357 Posts
93-97 Mazda MX-6 (Mystere) J-Spec Projection headlamps

that's what he'll need to look for. they use different lights than ours. our (the A-Spec) headlights use the 9004 dual light (low and hi beam). the J-Spec however uses 2 different lights: the H1C & H3. so you need the internal hook up between the power for the lights and the actual light hook ups (since you will not be able to hook up your 9004 to the projection).

email coldnoodle for any help... he might be getting annoyed with all the questions, but he's the most awesome 6er on this board and by far the most experienced with 6 modificiation. coldnoodle rules!

·
Registered
806 Posts
whoooa that was weird, i tried to
post a thread but it send it through "caughtUlookin"
user name? WTF? anyways lets try this again lol
This a known bug in the new software and happens when the conditions are just right. I know of three other occurences of this since the update. This should be fixed as an update to the software as soon as it comes out. But this is a known bug.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah coldnoodle knows his Sh!t when it comes to body mods... but im right on his tail...LOL

tell him to get the connectors and some hyperwhite bulbs or whatever... you can pop an H3 like i did but its just easier to use the H3C. H1s you can get over here. they have weatherproof connectios though and the japanese bulbs keep it that way... maybe he can get the mounting brackets too... that would be nice...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He left for Japan yesterday morning, and I won't see
him for a month or so. He said he will try to find some,
but he is not sure if time allows him to just BS for a couple of days:rolleyes: . I only had two things on the list, the j-spec headlights, and raybrig fog light that I have always wanted, so maybe he will at least find some j-specs. so we will see :confused:

later,
Toy MX-6

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what raybrig fog light?

·
Registered
166 Posts
the H1 in japan are slightly different then H1 in america. u SHOULD get both H1 and H3C from japan. but if u dont, its no big deal. its just that the bulbs wont be weather sealed if u get them in USA. but H3 and H1 from USA will work just fine. you will probably want to get the inside mounts that connect to the radiator support for the lights too. it will make the install a lil bit easier but if you dont, its not hard to make the brackets yourself. one of my buddies have raybrig foglights all i can say is ... holy sh*t they are F*K*N bright !!!! i have raybrig H3C bulbs for my lowbeams. my friend said my car looks like a lexus wit HID's at night :D

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah... i flipped out when i saw a PIAA bulb in one of my housings...

i cant tell the difference from HID but i need to get the other to match...
$80 for headlights??!?! im gonna try some cheesy stuff first and work up from there... if i dont like em, oh well, $10 down the freakin drain... no biggie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts