Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im thinking of getting the jspec piston set for the i4 mx6 from Corksport. they say some tuning may be required. i was wondering does anybody know exactly what kind of tuning would be needed and would i need anything else to do it ( i.e. new ignition, or a reprogrammed ecu fuel pressure regulator or anything along the lines of those)
any help would be great
thanks fellas {and ladies (dont worry i didnt forget u Ruby)}
Spoda

·
Registered
31 Posts
Spoda, Spada, i'm confused :eek:

·
Registered
679 Posts
spada said:
Spoda, Spada, i'm confused :eek:
Damn Ben I was so gonna send you this link earlier cuase I thought the same thing when I saw the guys name.

Josh

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no replies????????????
just talk about thenames ????????

·
Registered
679 Posts
With higher compression pistons yes you will need to upgrade your fueling system. Get a walbro 190LPH, FPR, and other fueling goodies. You will also need some form of engine management, like maybe a SDS. There are haltechs for N/A applications. You dont absolutely need engine management, but it really is a good idea. You are only talking about 10:1 where as I am going with 13:1, major difference and I definately need engine management. I would siggest going with some custom forged pistons from JE or another good company than going with Corksport J-Spec pistons. You can still get the same compression ratio, but get something new and reliable. Something that can handle some ass kicking.

Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts