Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes, I found this jackson supercharger custom made for the KLZE on sale on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=573922307
Would this fit on the KLO3?
this guy claims he pumped 400+bhp out of his mx6. Hes selling it too. What are your opinions? Is this for real? I know nothing baout superchargers and would like to get more info cause I might look inot buying this puppy...
Thanks for the help

[Edited by allworldkj on 03-27-2001 at 07:26 PM]

G

·
Well, as he said it was a custom setup. I don't recall Jackson making an SC kit for MX-6, only Hondas and Miatas. You may want to ask this guy if he is including all mounting brackets, pulley gears, intake hosing and filter. You'll have a lot of work even with all mounting stuff. But the power gains would be worth it, if you can hook it all up :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
E-mail hinm and ask him what internals he changed in his engine. It is well know that the stock internals on the KL03 won't handle more than 280 hp before the rods bend and the crankshaft bearings burn out. I'd also ask him how it was mounted. The only kit out there for putting a superchanger on an MX-6 is the TKT one that locates it where the battery is. If he says it was on top of the manifold then ask to see pictures of it, as he would have had to completely remake the intake manifold, I know I've got design plans for doing this. Also notice that he has only been an e-Bay member since March 10. And last that picture is a stock file picture of an Eaton supercharger, which is what Jackson Racing uses. Also Jackson Racing doesn't have any kit, plans to develope a kit or interest in building a kit for the MX-6. I attenpted to talk to them about it over a year ago.

In this case I would say buyer be ware, but it is worth looking into.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did talk with him and he advised me that the setup I would use would be to relocate the battery to the trunk and put the SC there. I believe his was a top manifold custom setup. When I questioned him about the 400bhp, he admitted that he did blow his engine because he put too many pounds of pressure. He actually seemed quite knowledgeable about the sc and all the modifcations one would ahve to make to fit on our 6's. But in the end he even advised me that I would be looking to spend 2000, just for the SC setup. I really wasnt too intrested in purchasing it, I just htought it was intresting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts