Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I just spotted this

Link to the website Japfest 2009 - Japanese performance car show and track day

I though it would be a good idea to mention this ASAP to give people time to work out if they can make it or not.

Last years event was well attended but it would be nice to get as many owners as poss to the event.

Now if you are saying 'it's a long way to travel' I suggest you have a word with Elmer!!!

I travel from the North as do a few other members but I try and book a Travel Lodge for the Friday night, it can be as little as £19 a night.

Travelodge - Get the best rates

For the 2008 japfest we met up with Elmer on the Friday and had a real good evening and it would be nice to do that again with a few more members.

All I need to do now is get my car back on the road, 7 months should be long enough!

So get it in your diary and start planning.

Mark

PRICES

Tickets are £12 each (£18 on the day) - Under 14's free
Track time is £35 per session

ATTENDEES

RussellG 1 Tickets 1 Pass (PAID)
Oddball 1 Ticket 1 Pass (PAID)
Parallex 3 Tickets 3 Passes 1 Track Time (PAID)
RJSzynal 2 Tickets 1 Pass 1 Track Time (PAID)
MX6 addict 2 Tickets 1 Pass (PAID)
Elmerfud 1 Ticket 1 Pass (PAID)
Nasher 2 Tickets 1 Pass (PAID)
Beardo 1 Ticket 1 Pass (PAID)
Hot Cheese 1 Ticket 1 Pass (PAID)
Themexican 2 Tickets 1 Pass (PAID)
Jamo 1 Ticket 1 Pass (PAID)
Zekey 3 Tickets 2 Passes (PAID)

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I'm up for it - I want track time this time round though.

Ben.

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
I'll be there. Did almost 1000 miles last year... can't say without fault though, but the engine has done about 160,000. Dizzy went gaga on the way back up.

Elmer

·
Registered
61 Posts
trax 2009

Hi Guys,

We will be going ,Which travelodge do you all stay at as i'm not getting any younger ,and getting up early is getting harder by the day.

Ken & the boys::

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals

I will be there again. Would be nice to organise it a bit this year though. Maybe a BBQ or something at the stand for lunch??

Great to see you all again.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Once the organisers send out the booking information etc we will let you know.

May i add for those reading, for me, Japfest is the best of the annual meets for meeting members and its relaxed atmosphere, access to and out of the venue is very good too. All stands are on turf and not one big concrete car park. As suggested, BBQ's are possible etc, and all the stands wrap around the track, so your only a hundred yards or so from the fence to view the track action. Yes i will admit it has lacked in merchandise stands in the past, but they have got better.
I look forward to seeing a lot of members sign up to come along, i'll most probably be buying a ticket, even though i'll be in the CavT. Its a great way to start the year, get to know members, pick up tips, help others fix issues and throw idea's around. This tends to have a ripple effect and kicks off people's projects for the year and the banter on the site increases, as you now know the person you are talking to.

As has already been asked, the usual stop over place for those looking to stay over on the friday night, or even the saturday, is the Premier Inn .. link to hotel ... now this tends to be fully booked by FEB ! for the friday night .. so if your planning to stay over .. i suggest you book early ! ... Now this is also the meeting place for everyone else on the saturday morning. Everything you need is close by here, before going in, there is a petrol station on site for snacks or even .. petrol.., car wash (if they turn it on). We have slowly become more and more strict with the depart time from here now, due to the Q's that can build up very quickly to get in. Depart time usually is no later that 8, and pref before 7.45 am .. Those that intend to pick up tickets at the meet point need to be there for this time, or your ticket and stand pass will already be in the show, so please ensure you arrive with plenty of time to spare, like i say, the petrol station has coffee and pastries for breakfast if you get there very early.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.. and if you are reading this and hum'ing and arr'ing about coming along, or thinking you wont fit in, or your shy.. trust me, we will make you welcome when you arrive.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done Paul :tup:

I'm glad that so many are enthusiastic about this, as Paul said it's a great place to put faces to names and I'm sure we can all work together to make it a great event :)

As for accommodation the Premier Inn can work out a bit expensive especially if you plan on staying two nights, however the Travel Lodge can work out between £19 and £29 per room depending on when it is booked. There are a few arround the area that have 'on site parking' and they are usually connected to a Beefeater. The one that caught my eye was just outside Devizes Travelodge - Directions and map

If anyone knows this area info would be appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Can I still come in my Mini?? Even in the wind and rain it was always a good day out :)

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
:lol:

Not sure about that Matt, you had better see what John, Paul and Russ think of the idea! :lol:

Mark

:p lets see now ... should i the CavT ? or Russ with the Starlet .. oops sorry Silvia :p ? or John with the Lexus allow it ..

Course ya bloody can buddy... its a good day out like you say.

i just hope we actually have more MX-6's than 'others' on the day ;)

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
There are very few MX-6's left to be honest guys. Especially ones with a bit of pedigree!

I'm still up for it though! And this time my car won't let me down ...... (touches every bit of wood in the vicinity!)

Ben.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There are very few MX-6's left to be honest guys. Especially ones with a bit of pedigree!

I'm still up for it though! And this time my car won't let me down ...... (touches every bit of wood in the vicinity!)

Ben.
Even more reason for us all to make it the biggest gathering of MX6'ers that there will ever be again!
We should do something special, to attract as many as we can. I have a few ideas that involve Mazda themselves, and will work on them, but we should all have a think!
We need to post to MX6 owners on every forum, tell them when we see them, even put a flyer on the screen!

I think it would be great fun, and would hopefully spur a few more people to keep their lovely 6's, and spend some time and effort in keeping them going, rather than send them in pieces to the dreaded e-bay and give up!

Lets get the hype going on this, for all our sakes:tup:

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
We need to get this booked and sorted early guys - I want to get track time in, and I need to get it done early if I'm going to actually get space.

Can we start moving on this?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Oh Gee, this date might clash with my best friend Claire coming to visit me from "Across the Pond".

Mind you like yours truly, she is a car freak.

She owns a nearly mint 83/84 Toyota Celica Supra.........:)

I will have to check on this as we are also planning a trip to my ancestral routes in Cornwall.

Paula

PS. I have advised her to buy her $'s right away while the exchange rate is 1.487.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
We need to get this booked and sorted early guys - I want to get track time in, and I need to get it done early if I'm going to actually get space.

Can we start moving on this?

Cheers.

Chill dude .. we have not received the booking pack from them yet, once we have we can send stuff off and get it booked :tup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Brilliant day out last year and was great to meet some fellow MX6 owners.I will be definately attending again this next year even if its a old banger now.
Looking forward to it Steve.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A quick 'heads up' on this.
I have just been notified by Travel Lodge that they will be offering £9 rooms from the 6th of May to the 6th of September, this is ideal for Japfest!
The offer is on the 30th of December and starts at 6am on the Travel Lodge website
Travelodge - Sale rooms from £12
(I know it says £12 but trust me)
The Travel Lodge on the M4 is the pitts according to Paul (Oddball) so if anyone knows this area and can recomend one that has a pub that serves food close by let us all know.

Mark

P.S. The place we usually meet is a Premier Inn and they dont have any offers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wanna go!

I got my mx-6 last month and I'd love to go. My friend is part of the 323f club and I'll be heading down with him.
I wanna get on the track definitely, either as part of mx6.com or with the club323 guys.
Gonna talk to my mate about maybe stopping in a hotel/motel because we are driving down in convoy. We're coming from Scunthorpe.
My car will be standard-ish seeing as my insurance company (egg) won't let me have any mods (because I'm 21). It's a great condition 97 R-reg with only 114k on the clock in red.
Do I buy my ticket now direct?

1 - 20 of 237 Posts