Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched and searched, anyone ever complete this? I have the jspec wiring harness so im wondering if i can just cut and install with some splicing, i also have every sensor.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Wasnt there also necessary to install/modify a servo from RHD to LHD HVAC box to controll the heat?

The best place to start is the Aspec dash wiring dragrams & the Jspec dash wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone have these diagrams? lol also what does the hvac box look like, i have the entire rhd conversion so i should have it, i think i know what your talking about but im not 100% sure, isnt this something you have to rip your entire dash out for?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I think in order to get it to work correctly you will have to take your entire dash out of your car. Everything back to the firewall. Then you would need to start reassembling things (obviously on the other side of the car with the RHD conversion) and figuring out what everything is and how to mount it.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-appearance-mods/163480-jdm-climate-control-install.html

That will definitely help. PS. PM me, I might still have the guys phone number from my m-edition wheels deal gone wrong.

Edit: Here's another

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-appearance-mods/145078-jdm-digital-climate-control.html

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im actually thinking of tackling this now, rhd conversion looks like it has to wait till 2010, hit a few bumps in the road with some stuff, i suddenly have inheirited a house that i have to take care of for awhile.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wouldnt this be the piece you have to change to get it working properly (piece circled in blue)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
the tempature is usually regulated VIA fan speed control & the cool / hot air servo.

you really have to look at both wiring diagrams & their function to decide what you need.

Either that or send me all the JDM stuff for my car

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya but where am i suppose to find both wiring diagrams. I have a labeled jspec wiring harness i guess i can go off of i guess but that wont help much.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
ask some JDM buddies or get some JDM mazda repair manuals / cd manuals like alldata or the other brands.

i may have some A-spec wiring, but not 100% sure

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Im going to have to dig through my rhd and see what parts i have. So much work for this lol.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ok well if you have a whole RHD car either dont scrap it until you complete the project or pull the entire HVAC box/tubes / servos etc with the whole dash wiring.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont think i could put the rhd wiring in if thats what your saying, since it would be upside down.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i am saying to keep as much as you can if you need to scrap the RHD car soon so you don't throw something you might need away

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i bought the rhd setup off someone, not the whole car (wish i did though, make it a lot easier for me lol) so i just have all the necessary pieces.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So youd think there isnt really any wiring just hooking up connectors, so i should be able to take my harness and use the plugs and just plug everything in. Im going to look this over tomorrow a little harder.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
no i dont think anything of the sort. I've never done it. It is going to require custom wiring i am sure.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well its been done so im sure it can be done again. Ill just give myself two good days worth of work into it and get it done hopefully this week.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pictures of the other parts i have, i have the dash temp sensor to, just forgot to put it in the picture

So really im just replacing two pieces behind the dash (well 3 with the sensor). Arent these just connected to the climate control unit though, i mean im sure there is a power wire or something to power everything but whats stopping me from using my harness to plug these in. Wouldnt this be easier, then just figure out what wires branch out to another plug and hardwire those in?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts