Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any pictures of the yellow JDM looking fog lights on an mx6? It would be nice if the pics were on a black mx-6. I have been considering maybe tinting the OEM Aspec foglights with a yellow tint. I think it would work well with a black mx6.

OR

You could just photoshop my photoshop haha I don't have photoshop at home and i'm very curious.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
they look almost as yellow as your headlights. :D IM me - lets talk some hid options for your 6 man :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha holy crap...

kid_puma: I don't have fogs yet.... that was a quick PS just so i could get an idea of what it looked like. The Jspecs are shoped in too. Any retro ideas for my Aspecs?

Goatcrapp- Dunno if you were talkin about me or ragin but PM sent anyway.

Ragin- how do you think yellow tinted fogs would look?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope just thinking tint and color flow for now. If i did it I would get yellow bulbs for them, and my sidemarker too though.

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
they look almost as yellow as your headlights. :D IM me - lets talk some hid options for your 6 man :)
I have something planned for HIDs, just have other things on my plate at the moment.

sorry little of topic
no way your fitment is the same as mine .

~kp
Oh believe you me, the fogs have been adjusted and had the overspray removed since those pictures were taken. These pics have the last minute bumper/fogs mounting before Myrtle Madness fitment. Also, fuck you, lets see your fogs asshole. God, you're such a fucking douche.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I have something planned for HIDs, just have other things on my plate at the moment.

Oh believe you me, the fogs have been adjusted and had the overspray removed since those pictures were taken. These pics have the last minute bumper/fogs mounting before Myrtle Madness fitment. Also, [fizzle] you, lets see your fogs asshole. God, you're such a [fizzle]ing douche.

:tup::tup::tup:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the pix ZE. Any ideas on retrofitting Aspecs guys? i know there are a ton of threads about it. I have plenty of time to do it because i have my angel eyes in and my Aspecs are just in the closet. So i won't have any downtime while working on my Aspecs. They are pretty nasty too so if i mess them up i won't feel horrible. Any ideas about certain projectors that people have used and liked, methods that work well?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I would just get some J-Spec and do a retro with them, you'll need to make a new lens for the A-Spec otherwise you won't get good output with any projector. As for projector choice, TL, FX, E55 are great if you want Bi-Xenon, S2k and TSX are good for single beam.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I can't afford jspecs really, thats why Aspec retro seems attractive. I read a very long how-to from nate on doing the HID retro in the aspecs and it seems possible. Hardest part seems to be working with the projector and mounting it in the housing.

EDIT: after further inspection of nates how-to it seems like molding the plexi on the OEM lense will be somewhat easy as well, only because nate has done the work and told us the easiest oven heat and time limit to have them in for. So now it seems the only difficult part will be mounting and wiring the projectors. Cost should be limited as well, I would only have to buy epoxy, projectors, and plexi.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Oh believe you me, the fogs have been adjusted and had the overspray removed since those pictures were taken. These pics have the last minute bumper/fogs mounting before Myrtle Madness fitment. Also, [fizzle] you, lets see your fogs asshole. God, you're such a [fizzle]ing douche.
"crapp"what's with all the negativity. I only stated that the fitment of the bumper was the same as mine. Meaning that i was having the same problematic issues with fitment from viewing the image that was posted. On a more mature note i dont think theres need for such profanity. Sorry if i have you mistaken in which case Im the ugly jabroni posting on mx6.com !

back to the topic
Seriously this is like the worst pic i have of my jdm foglights:eek:
furthermore a simple alternative would purchase some yellow bulbs. Again as mentioned previously Jdm foglights dont necessarily look yellow untill illumnated. I guess it all depends on what angle you look at them from when not active

~kp

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
well kp, the fogs do look good... but u really need to show the whole car sometime :sigh:

ragin, your car is badass and i love it!

dustbin, i would just go with j-spec fogs, but would be curious to see a-specs all yellow, with a clear yellow vinyl or something... my buddy had done that on his tiburon and it looked good.. idk if i have ever seen that done on MX-6 fogs.

Reactions: dustbin

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
well kp, the fogs do look good... but u really need to show the whole car sometime :sigh:

ragin, your car is badass and i love it!

dustbin, i would just go with j-spec fogs, but would be curious to see a-specs all yellow, with a clear yellow vinyl or something... my buddy had done that on his tiburon and it looked good.. idk if i have ever seen that done on MX-6 fogs.
Thank you. :D

Only problem is that for proper fitment of the JDM fogs, you need the JDM bumper, which requires removal of the bumper support, which I don't recommend for a daily driven car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ahh yes i was afraid of that, my next question was gonna be "Do you have to have the jdm bumper for jdm fogs to fit?" Now that the question has already been answered, i'm deffinately going to be sticking with Aspec fogs. I guess i will install them clear at first, if i'm not 100% sure that they look great like that then i will tint them with krylon stained glass in the amber/yellow color. Worst case scenario, I don't like the fogs in amber and I put them in the F/S section and either take the cash and buy a new set of fogs or trade them for a clear set.

Thanks for the help though guys!
glad we could get past the kiddy name calling game...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts