Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea i was thinking about that. I really want the fog light lense itself to be amber, although i would probably go with amber window tint or something so it would be easier to peel off if i didn't like it. First i will probably put an amber bulb in and see if i like it that way, least money wasted doing it that way.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Sorry you couldnt comprehend that i was almost complementing our fitment complexity
but thats ok we all make mistakes
~kp
Originally Posted by kid_puma
sorry little of topic
no way your fitment is the same as mine.

~kp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_puma
"crapp"what's with all the negativity. I only stated that the fitment of the bumper was the same as mine.
well kp, the fogs do look good... but u really need to show the whole car sometime
I lol'd. I still have never actually seen a good clean full shot of the "hotchili" car, so I have to say ragin wins the jdm foglight fitment war.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
for real.....as much as i hear "hotchili" this and "hotchili" that I have never seen a good CLEAR full car picture! haha Do i have to send you a disposable digital camera from CVS KP?

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
for real.....as much as i hear "hotchili" this and "hotchili" that I have never seen a good CLEAR full car picture! haha Do i have to send you a disposable digital camera from CVS KP?
Just ignore him. He's retarded.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm still gonna send him a camera in the mail.... haha Gonna be a pain cause of shipping over the boarder but maybe next xmas I can give KP a xmas present haha

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
as someone else already mentioned, it could have easily been "no way, your fitment is the same as mine"

anyways.. continued arguing will result in a closed thread, so take it to PM.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I can't afford jspecs really, thats why Aspec retro seems attractive. I read a very long how-to from nate on doing the HID retro in the aspecs and it seems possible. Hardest part seems to be working with the projector and mounting it in the housing.

EDIT: after further inspection of nates how-to it seems like molding the plexi on the OEM lense will be somewhat easy as well, only because nate has done the work and told us the easiest oven heat and time limit to have them in for. So now it seems the only difficult part will be mounting and wiring the projectors. Cost should be limited as well, I would only have to buy epoxy, projectors, and plexi.
Mounting the projector is easy, I did a retrofit in my girlfriend's Accord using FX projectors, not that much harder than mounting a projector in the J-Spec. On the other hand, finding a nice shroud to cover up all the dirty work is the key, otherwise you just gonna have a empty housing with a piece of plastic/metal cover up everything and a projector in the center.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
well did a quick photo chop and after about five seconds of consideration i decided it's best to just put an amber bulb in the aspec fogs.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Dude, FYI, I dropped like $60 on a set of PIAA amber/yellow bulbs, and they honestly aren't that amber at all, they have nothing on the JDM fogs.

Edit: I think these are the ones I have: eBay Motors: PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow 2500K H3 JDM Fog Bulb Xenon H120 (item 290195559747 end time Jan-10-08 03:54:01 PST)

That's what I'm using, they are pretty yellow if you look at my picture :)

Dustbin, if you want those bulbs I have an extra working pair that I took off from my old JDM fogs. I'm retrofitting some projector in the fog soon so I don't need them anymore. I can let them go for cheap ;)

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Does anybody have any pictures of the yellow JDM looking fog lights on an mx6? It would be nice if the pics were on a black mx-6. I have been considering maybe tinting the OEM Aspec foglights with a yellow tint. I think it would work well with a black mx6.
A little late, a little small, but these are some old school photos......

·
Registered
4 Posts
So what the aspec mx6's did not come with all the cool stuff the jspeacs did (projector headlights & fog lights with blinkers)? Which by the way hard to find in America

21 - 40 of 40 Posts