Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale,

are 2 (1set) of MINT JDM Fog lights. I bought these a while back for $85USD shipped (and got nailed with a nice customs fee). I have since buffed and polished them up nicely, preparing for a JDM front end swap. BUT, long story short, the main peice in my conversion was totally TRASHED when it arrived, and I don't feel like wasting another $685 on a stock JDM peice (plus the USDM fron isn't ugly, so I wont be mad sticking with it).
Plus Heather already beat me to it. :(

As you can see in the pic (if you look closely), the USDM fogs have a few little chips our of them. They aren't noticable from 3+ feet away, but the JDM one's don't have a single chip ...nice and minty! :D
I'll let these bad boys go for a cool $(in Ca100 CAD shipped nada).
Or possibly a trade for some USDM fogs + $$ ($$ depending on UDSM fog condition). They'll come with all the wiring and harness', but no switch.

I have a few other random JDM parts (fenders, front [trashed] & rear bumpers, fogs, steering wheel, climate control, random dash peices, emblems, etc...) so if you need anything... let me know.

-Justin

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
how much modding is there required to fit these in to a stock US bumper?

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Hey,

I'm just wondering what random jdm dash pieces you are selling...

I'm looking for a jdm foglight switch, ie the one that operates the motor for the shield in the foglight...

Thanks!

b

esembe said:
For sale,

are 2 (1set) of MINT JDM Fog lights. I bought these a while back for $85USD shipped (and got nailed with a nice customs fee). I have since buffed and polished them up nicely, preparing for a JDM front end swap. BUT, long story short, the main peice in my conversion was totally TRASHED when it arrived, and I don't feel like wasting another $685 on a stock JDM peice (plus the USDM fron isn't ugly, so I wont be mad sticking with it).
Plus Heather already beat me to it. :(

As you can see in the pic (if you look closely), the USDM fogs have a few little chips our of them. They aren't noticable from 3+ feet away, but the JDM one's don't have a single chip ...nice and minty! :D
I'll let these bad boys go for a cool $(in Ca100 CAD shipped nada).
Or possibly a trade for some USDM fogs + $$ ($$ depending on UDSM fog condition). They'll come with all the wiring and harness', but no switch.

I have a few other random JDM parts (fenders, front [trashed] & rear bumpers, fogs, steering wheel, climate control, random dash peices, emblems, etc...) so if you need anything... let me know.

-Justin

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
bj_swift said:
Hey,

I'm just wondering what random jdm dash pieces you are selling...

I'm looking for a jdm foglight switch, ie the one that operates the motor for the shield in the foglight...

Thanks!

b
is that all you need for the motor to operate? because ive got the same fogs but there is not a lot of info on how to get them functional..

sorry for jacking your thread :angel:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lets clarify the JDM foglight wiring.

I bought the JDM foglight switch from forum member and the lights from ebay, with a little playing I reached to the following:

Switch is just a switch - it has 2 buttons and three bulbs inside and nothing more. Lower part of the switch should switch on the control logic which centers the lights or directs them towards the curb (wheel direction ?).

Foglights have small electrical motor with an arm which will turn the lights.
For measuring the position it also has potentiometer ~2 kOhm.

So to get them to work there must be a logic box which will send power impulses to the little motor until it reaces desired position.
As such it is possible to link the lights direction with the wheel position and turn them with wheel.

Motor wires :
Green - motor power / ground
Blue - motor power / ground
Red - potentiometer
Black - potentiometer
White - potentiometer

Lights wires:
Black - ground
Green - turn signal power
Red - foglight power

1 - 17 of 17 Posts