Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the FI People busting there trannies and whatnot- I began to wonder if The JDM LSD's would hold up any stonger? I am not very familiar with these trannies, so if anyone can shine the light on it and give some opinions, that would be great.

Adam

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have one, no turbo yet but the car feels completly different. the gears a much shorter, deffinetly changes the 6 from a cruiser to a light to light car. it actually feels more like a honda tranny, so as for performing the part and standing up to turbos it shouldnt be a problem, but the question is will the tires hold with this tranny, i can actually rip the tires loose at the top of first going into second with my ze.

darwin....

·
Registered
344 Posts
I didn't realize the JDM tannies had different gears. Does anyone know the ratios?
Although, the last thing FI V6's need is shorter gears.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
how much did the tranny cost, This is on my list of future mods for both my cars.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe they are going for around $900.

Adam

·
Registered
271 Posts
i got mine for a little under 800, but i bought a bunch of other stuff from that guy.....

i got it from a local importer here in new york..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Who has broken their tranny? I havent seen anyone posting, but then again I've been on vacation for 10 days so I might have missed it. I'm going FI this summer, will my transmission be a problem?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not so much people over here (only a handful over here are boosted) But over at PT, broken trannies are a big prob. I believe 93GTSR (290whp, 240wtq) Has went through ten trannies in a year or so.

I found the trannie at Streetimports.com a while back, but they have a bad rep. around here. I know there are a few other places that sell them, i just can't think of them right now.

Adam

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Yeah i have a buddy with a Pgt that ran a 50 shot and busted his tranny. I never really noticed all the transmission problems until i started browsing the FI forums.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can you only use kl03 and klze trannies? There arent any stronger ones that we could use in our cars?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
The klde and klze tranies are identical..
The j-spec lsd is not from a 2.5 ltr v6 it is found on the kfze2ltr (hence the shorter ratios).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
does anyone know if they are actually stronger than a klde tranny?

10 trannies? are u sure?

*edit
i asked, and he is on his 3rd tranny.. he said all broke due to hard driving and he cant be sure the high power was an actual cause for any of them, but it was probably a factor.. i knew it couldnt be 10, only sunfires/cavaliers go through trannies like that!

·
Registered
344 Posts
What about the MSP tranny? I am pretty sure it would bolt right up, although I am not sure if it any stronger or not.

·
Registered
113 Posts
not 100% sure, but afaik the msp tranny is a variation of the G15 tranny, not sure if the bell housing will match up, there's a thread on PT right now discussing tranny options.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts