Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well .. I finally took the time to mount JDM my mirrors up and now Im stuck with the horrid RHD visibility they offer our LHD vehicles .. I tried searching but just come up with 101 FS threads and wiring threads .. I was wondering if anyone had a way to fix this issue of not being able to actually use the mirrors due to their aiming issues...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I believe e-spec and j-spec mx6 mirrors are the same shape as a-spec mx3's. You could get a pair of those and try swapping the internals.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
you could have a glass company cut you some lhd glass

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not just the glass thats the issue .. the travel of the mirror does not go far enough to make the road fully visible to LHD'ers

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
ya true, i hate trying to drive with mine right now lol my passenger side can basically see the white line on the road and my drivers side can barely get passed my car lol. Im stumped on that one man.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
woohoo .. I got my DS mirror doing pretty good I have a lot more visibility on the left side of me now !! :D

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know if I can swap the glass with anything from another car .. the way it mounts up the the housing is different than the USDM mx6 mirrors I have .. So I would assume the Mx3 USDM mirrors would probably be different too .. Although I think I may be alright now that I can see more out of my DS mirror .. the adjustments I made to the internals allowed for about 30-40% more of the road to be visible which is a world of diff from what it was when I first put them on the car ..

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I don't know, look at stock mx3 mirrors @ cardomain.
I know for a fact that e-spec mx6 and mx3 mirrors are the same and a-spec mx3 mirrors look on pics very much like e-spec's. So maybe mx3 had same mirrors on all markets?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its not just the shape of the mirror .. I do believe they are very similar in that regard .. But the internals and mountings of the glass and motors are probably different especially since they are not mechanically folding like the JDM mx6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts