Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the je50 maf work with the american klde ecu?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ran the je50 with a 97 ecu (eunos800 engine) and the revs were too high all the time. so I switched back to the a spec vaf.

Ps: I found out that the throttle body needed to be cleaned out. the idle air control cant work if the throttle plate cant close all the way allowing to much air into the engine causing a high erratic idle.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
won't work. it'll make your car run really rough. I even had a prototype ecu from Lambera and I tried it with the je50 and it was running rough. only ecu I've gotten the car to run perfectly with the je50 is a kl31 eprom in my ecu. with the probinator chip, I don't quite remember if I ran it with the je50 but I think it works ok with that combo even though with the probinator chip, it doesn't require the je50

and it's a vaf, not a maf. it's a vane air flow not mass air flow for the 2nd gen

·
Registered
104 Posts
The hi idle was probably from a different ohms value of the air flow meter.

I think the air temp sensor is probably the same.

I wonder if the two vaf's have different flow characteristics to match the intake manifolds shape.

I have both in my garage. Some how wound up with a spare in my trunk after they installed the engine for me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Idle will be crap. Might even randomly stall now and then. I remember the revs were very up and down when I used a DE ECU and JE50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts